Accounting and Internal Controls Sr Consultant (10379)
- Work with clients to identify financial control issues and gap
- Design and implement technical solutions to improve financial management activities
- Assist with accounting and financial reporting operations
- Advise our clients on technical accounting and internal controls matters
- Perform project tasks independently, and may direct the efforts of others
- Participate in and/or lead the development of deliverable content that meets the needs of the client and contract
- Anticipate client needs and formulate solutions to client issues
- Review deliverables for accuracy and quality
- Provides coaching to junior staff
- Contribute to new business proposals and proposal development
- Manage own personal and professional development; seeks opportunities for professional growth and expansion of consulting skills and experience
Transparency, innovation, collaboration, sustainability: these are the hallmark issues shaping government initiatives today. Deloitte's Government Public Services (GPS) practice is passionate about making an impact with lasting change. Carrying out missions in the GPS practice requires fresh thinking and a creative approach. We collaborate with teams from across our organization in order to bring the full breadth of Deloitte, its commercial and public sector expertise, to best support our clients. Our aspiration is to be the premier integrated solutions provider in helping to transform the marketplace.
Our GPS A&IC professionals help finance leaders solve complex issues impacting risk, integrity and efficiency. Our team helps clients prepare for financial close, address compliance regulations, improve process and controls around financial reporting, and implement new accounting requirements. Our practice can provide the support organizations need with a comprehensive approach to tackle the most challenging accounting and financial issues that impact risk within an agency environment.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business, Finance or other Business-related field
- 2+ years of Consulting experience in any of the following areas: business process improvement, financial management policies and procedures, financial system integrations, etc.
- 2+ years of experience performing financial statement audits and/or auditability assessments
- 2+ years of experience in reviewing, analyzing, validating, and reconciling financial/accounting information
- Knowledge of and experience improving Federal accounting and transaction process, internal control objectives and generally accepted accounting principles
- Knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404 and/or OMB Circular A-123 documentation, Financial Improvement Audit Readiness (FIAR), testing and reporting requirements
- Experience as a team lead responsible for mentoring and coaching
- 2+ years of experience using Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel to create client deliverables
- Familiarity with U.S. government financial accounting systems
- Certifications including CPA, CDFM, CGFM, CFA
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.