VoIP and Cloud Systems Engineer ( 556105-1A )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is a leading provider of technology, communications, information and entertainment products, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our ambition and united in our shared purpose to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
These errors can be Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) method responses that negatively impact calls or services, hardware device errors, software malfunctions, internetworking problems, or even customer provisioning errors. Such problems could involve multiple networks and a dozen different devices and applications working in concert to provide a service used by Verizon’s customers. Resolutions to such problems may involve areas not directly supported by the team the engineer is in, but necessarily involve knowledgeable interaction with another team from within the engineer’s area of responsibility for the benefit of Verizon’s customers.
- Perform data scientific analysis of error conditions across multiple devices providing service to customers deployed globally.
- Use analysis to determine corrective solutions and to eliminate or automate the remediation of the errors when they occur.
- Examine problems that occur in complex SIP and cloud based telephony systems.
- Solve by approaching Verizon platforms as an end-to-end system.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- A degree.
- Your degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or Information Systems Management.
- Experience in supporting virtualized computing environments (OpenStack, VMWare). Experience working with scripting languages and automation technologies (Shell, Ansible, Python, Perl, SQL, PHP).
- Ability to diagnose server hardware, operating system, and application layer problems quickly and effectively.
- Written and verbal communications skills within team and cross functional exposure with commitment to production of high quality documentation.
- Capability to demonstrate commitment to providing excellent customer service.
- Telecommunications industry experience and expert knowledge of SIP.
- Empirix and IntelliSight or Infinistream and analytic experience. Netscout (Tektronix / Geoprobe) Infinistream and analytic experience
- Willingness to travel.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best.Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.