Technical Inspector CH-47 - ( CH-47) QC TI Germany
The Aircraft Quality Control Inspector/Technical Inspector CH-47 is responsible for maintaining the Quality Control, Environmental and Safety Programs at the field level in support of assigned aircraft and Support Equipment.
- Inspect, remove, install, repair, replace, modify, disassemble, reassemble and calibrate complex aircraft mechanical and electromechanical systems in accordance with maintenance manuals, test procedures and other military publications.
- Perform the receiving, in-process, final quality, flight safety inspections and functional operational tests during organizational, intermediate and depot level maintenance, modification and repair of military tactical aircraft systems or associated components.
- Approve or reject work accomplished by field team members to ensure compliance with customer specifications, standards and technical data.
- Review and approve locally developed procedures and solutions to complex repair situations.
- Perform analysis of defects and interprets quality control rejection and failure trends.
- Monitor safety, training, and certification requirements.
- Using checklists, perform daily work site Safety Inspections and Foreign Object Damage Inspections.
- Monitor tool control programs, inspects and maintains records to ensure that measuring and test equipment meets calibration requirements.
- Maintain Quality, Safety, Training and Certification Records.
- Coordinate with the Customer Quality Assurance Representative concerning quality matters, mandatory inspection points and final acceptance inspection of contract end items or services.
- Inspect forms and records related to aircraft maintenance.
- Perform other qualified duties as assigned.
- High School Graduate or equivalent is required.
- Shall have Five (5) years of recent applicable aircraft maintenance experience.
- FAA A&P or FCC Elements 1 and 3 Required.
- Must possess a Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Airframe and Powerplant License (A&P), with at least One (1) year of experience inspecting assigned Mission Design Series (MDS) CH-47 aircraft.
- If No A&P (FCC Elements 1 and 3 required), shall have a minimum Five (5) years of experience as an Aircraft Inspector on the Mission Design Series (MDS) CH-47 airframe they will be inspecting.
- Must be US Citizen.
- Must have a current and valid US Passport.
- Ability to obtain/maintain Security Clearance (NAC-I) Interim Granted to deploy
- TESA approval: Must be able to qualify for TESA approval; must have over 5 years career total Aviation maintenance experience.
- Travel: As required in support of task order.
Knowledge & Skills
- Possess good communication skills; be adaptable, diversified and capable of troubleshooting entire aircraft system.
- Working knowledge of electrical, electronic, mechanical and associated systems principles to complete properly all probable work tasks.
- Knowledge of Quality Control, Production and Supply procedures required to perform job assignment.
- Able to determine when faulty systems or assemblies can be corrected through repair of replacement of new parts and the nature and extent of repair required.
- Must have skill in reading, applying and interpreting technical data.
- Must hold a valid (current) FAA Inspection Authorization (IA). If no IA, shall have a minimum five year experience as an aircraft inspector on the Mission Design Series (MDS) UH-60 airframe they will be inspecting.
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- Must be able to climb, stand, stoop, bend, stretch, crouch and work in tiring and uncomfortable positions.
- Frequently lift parts and equipment up to 20 pounds.
- Occasionally lift objects up to 50 pounds.
- Must be immediately deployable to potential combat areas worldwide.