System Administration and Hardware Maintenance Technical Trainer ( R-00063720 )
Leidos’ C4ISR Mission Solutions Division is seeking a system administration and hardware maintenance technical trainer to join our team in Norfolk, VA, to support Distributed Common Ground System-Navy (DCGS-N).
The candidate will be a member of the Distributed Common Ground System – Navy (DCGS-N) training team and the Afloat Intelligence Systems Integration Team (AISIT), serving as a system administration and hardware maintenance trainer.
- Developing and conducting training in accordance with current Navy Education and Training (NAVEDTRA) standards for U.S. Navy Sailors assigned to ships and sites equipped with DCGS-N.
- Supporting O-level preventive and corrective maintenance, fault isolation, Unix/Solaris and Windows system administration, and network interoperability.
- Providing ad hoc refresher training, providing feedback, supporting system testing, and maintaining training curriculum and checklists.
- Providing feedback on technical documentation, training products, and job aids, during documentation reviews, product reviews, and program office working groups.
- Coordinating with system engineers, subject matter experts, and technical writers to ensure all developed content is consistent, validated, and verified.
- Must have and be able to maintain a TS/SCI clearance.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field with 4+ years of related experience. Additional years of related experience can be considered in lieu of degree.
- Extensive system and network administration experience with U.S. Navy afloat Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (ISR) systems associated with DCGS-N, GCCS-M and communication systems.
- Current CompTIA Security +.
- Experience with Solaris OS, Microsoft OS, Cisco IOS, COMPOSE, and MS Office products.
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA), Microsoft Certified System Engineer (MCSE), and/or Sun Certified Solaris Administrator (SCSA) certification.
- U.S. Navy NEC IT-H09A, experience with the Consolidated Afloat Navy Enterprise System (CANES).
- U.S. Navy Instructor and Master Training Specialist (MTS), or CompTIA Certified Technical Trainer (CTT)+.