Technical and Content Writer ( R-00069222 )
Leidos has an exciting opportunity for a Technical and Content Writer to support our customer in communications. The position is with the Communications, Knowledge, and Training Team in the Government Health & Safety Solution Group in Windsor Mill, MD (Baltimore). The role supports the End-User Centric IT Support (ECIS) Contract for Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS). Our program is focused on the delivery of end-user centric IT technology solutions through a seamless development, implementation, and communication experience.
In this role you will:
- Lead and be responsible for communication projects.
- Interface directly with internal and customer stakeholders.
- Work collaboratively as part of the Communications, Knowledge, and Training Team and in a matrix environment that includes project managers, IT engineers, and service delivery professionals.
- Work within a team in a fast-paced environment.
- Have a positive, customer-centric, “can do” attitude.
The ideal candidate for the Technical and Content Writer position brings experience and enthusiasm to this role, which is comprised of technical writing, strategic and integrated communications planning, content strategy, marketing, and storytelling, bringing innovation to the Communications, Knowledge and Training team, ECIS program, customer, and end-user. This position plays an important role in delivering and growing customer and program initiatives to CMS staff. Working with the Team Lead and others, the Technical and Content Writer develops, coordinates, and sets and maintains standards for various types of written content, including integrated communication and marketing plans, end-user communications, and how-to guides, from pilot to full deployment of IT end user initiatives.
The Technical and Content Writer is part of a multidisciplinary Communications, Knowledge, and Training Team, including technical and content writers, visual and graphic designer, multimedia videographer, knowledge specialist, training specialist, and business analyst. Collaboration with others across the in-house program team is critical, including with project managers, IT specialists and engineers, procurement, document and quality control, service delivery, and service desk. This position includes working with the customer, internal program team members, subject matter experts, and other program partners and contractors.
Under the direction of and reporting to the Team Lead (Sr. Technical and Content Writer), you will:
- Conceive, write, edit, and review product and project communications, including end-user and strategic planning communications. End products include, for example, email broadcasts, how-to guides, presentations, signage, posters and banners, intranet content, newsletters, events, videos, diagrams, FAQs, talking points, executive summaries, white papers, and reports.
- Work on initiatives and campaigns within an overall communications strategy.
- Conceive, develop, and lead communications campaign from start to finish.
- Consult relevant sources, including subject matter experts, documents (and research), and client and project personnel, to obtain background information and verify pertinent guidelines and regulations governing project deliverables.
- Ensure documents meet editorial and government specifications and adhere to standards for content, format, and style, including federal Plain Language and 508 compliance.
- Support and advance internal communication processes, guidelines, and standard operating procedures.
- Work closely with team members to ensure quality control internally and with the customer.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationship with customer and product owners.
- Bachelors or higher degree in writing, journalism, mass communications, integrated communications, or closely related discipline.
- 4+ years of experience creating print and digital communication deliverables.
- Proven content development and communications strategy experience.
- Ability to capture technical solutions and translate in technical documentation.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to write to diverse content styles, audiences, and mediums (technical to creative to journalistic to marketing).
- An eye for effective communication design and composition.
- An understanding of brand.
- Ability to research and organize processes in a concise manner.
- Ability to manage multiple assignments.
- Desire to bring innovation and creative thinking to projects to meet new goals and outcomes.
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance.
All candidates supporting the CMS programs must have lived in the United States at least three (3) out of the last five (5) years prior in order to be considered.
- Ability to work to 508 compliance and Plain Language.
- Experience with human centered design (HCD) framework.
- Experience working with agile project management, including in Jira and Confluence environments.
References may be requested.
Portfolio of work may be requested (print or digital acceptable) as part of the initial application process
Must be local to the Baltimore officPay Range: