Technical Instructor - Weapons Maintenance and Sustainment (36026)
The Technical Instructor/Course Developer is primarily responsible for curriculum revision and maintenance. Technical curriculum may involve electronics, welding, or more highly technical areas such as radio and electronics repair or operation of weapons systems.
1) Uses a computer to organize and draft a curriculum that breaks a complex subject into blocks or units of instruction, creates graphics, and integrates them into curriculum. These courses may be instructor based, computer-based, simulator based, interactive, or non-interactive.
2) Teach short technical courses in accordance with approved curriculum to maintain proficiency and to evaluate and develop new instructional techniques/courses.
3) Incorporatest new curriculum in the teaching process (e.g., develops clarification or examples of application related to the subject matter).
4) Development and maintenance of classroom techniques that reflect professionalism and good discipline and enhance teaching, development of alternative teaching techniques and scenarios to maintain high motivation and interest in the subject areas.
5) Conducting of test analysis and development or revision of test items
Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
Work Environment, Physical Demands, and Mental Demands:
Typical office environment with no unusual hazards, occasional lifting to 20 pounds, constant sitting while using the computer terminal, constant use of sight abilities while reviewing documents, constant use of speech/hearing abilities for communication, and constant mental alertness; must possess planning/organizing skills and be able to work under deadlines.
Safety - Amentum enforces a safety culture whereby all employees have the responsibility for continuously developing and maintaining a safe work environment. As appropriate, each employee is responsible for completing all training requirements and fulfilling all self-aid/buddy aid responsibilities, participating in emergency response tasks and serving on safety committees and teams.
Quality - Quality is the foundation for the management of our business and the keystone to our goal of customer satisfaction. It is our policy to consistently provide services that meet customer expectations. Accordingly, each employee must conform to the Amentum Quality Policy and carry out job activities in compliance with applicable Amentum Quality System documents and customer contracts. Each employee must read and understand his/her Quality Management and Customer Satisfaction responsibilities.
Procedure Compliance - Each employee must read, understand and implement the general and specific operational, safety, quality and environmental requirements of all plans, procedures and policies pertaining to his/her job.
Must possess a minimum of an Associate Degree.
Five or more years experience developing and delivering training.
Must be a US Citizen