Test and Evaluation Engineer ( R-00056472 )
Leidos Maritime System Solutions (MSS) is seeking to hire a Test and Evaluation Engineer, specializing in testing of underwater acoustic sensor systems, to join our project team supporting the Naval Information Warfare Center in San Diego, CA. The successful candidate will join a growing, fast-paced research, development, testing and evaluation team responsible for the manufacture and testing of various electro-mechanical devices used for both subsea and surface applications. Work will involve both prototype and production systems.
This position will require the candidate to obtain and hold a Secret Clearance. A currently held Secret or Top Secret clearance is a significant plus.
- Will support the continued development and testing of lightweight undersea acoustic sensor systems
- Will design, maintain and oversee the execution of test and evaluation activities, processes and procedures for these sensor systems
- Duties will include preparation of test articles and equipment, onsite operation of tests, and documenting test execution
- Will analyze, interpret and document test results in appropriate test reports
- Will work with a small team of technicians and engineers to meet future sensor requirements
- Experience with electronic test equipment
- Documentation and document management skills
- Programming skills, C /C++, C#, and Python
- Experience with Unix-like operating systems
- Knowledge and/or experience with underwater acoustics is a plus
- Circuit testing, and Altium Designer experience is a plus
- Proficiency in MATLAB, LabView, and Measurement Studio is a plus
- Requires BS and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience.
- Ability to work in small groups
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong software troubleshooting skills
- Hardware troubleshooting skills a plus Marine / Shipboard experience