Continuous Integration and Test Engineer (R450199)
Stryker is driven to work together with our customers to make healthcare better. In order to fulfill our commitment as a federal contractor, while focusing on the health and safety of our employees and those that we serve, COVID-19 vaccines will be required for all Stryker US employees effective January 4, 2022, as well as all new US employees joining our company. Fully vaccinated persons are those who are >=14 days post-completion of the primary series of an FDA-authorized COVID-19 vaccine. If you are applying to a sales and field role which requires access to customer accounts as a function of your job, you may be required, depending on customer requirements, to obtain the COVID-19 vaccination before the January 4 effective date of Stryker's vaccine policy. For more information, please visit our COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements FAQs page.Why join Stryker?
We are proud to be named one the World’s Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine! Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.com
Our benefits include bonuses; commissions; healthcare; insurance benefits; retirement programs; stock based plans; paid time off plans; family and parenting leaves; tuition reimbursement; wellness programs; onsite fitness centers and cafeterias; discount purchase programs; and service and performance awards – not to mention various social and recreational activities.Why engineering at Stryker?
At Stryker we are dedicated to improving lives, with a passion for researching and developing new medical device products. As an engineer at Stryker, you will be proud of the work that you will be doing, using cutting-edge technologies to make healthcare better. Here, you will work in a supportive culture with other incredibly talented and intelligent people, creating industry-leading medical technology products. You will also have growth opportunities as we have a culture that supports your personal and professional development.
Need another reason to apply? Check out these 8 reasons to join Stryker's engineering team: https://www.strykercareersblog.com/post/8-reasons-to-join-strykers-engineering-team
Who we want:
Self-directed imitators. People who take ownership of their work and need no prompting to drive productivity, change, and outcomes.
Collaborative partners. People who build and leverage cross-functional relationships to bring together ideas, data and insights to drive continuous improvement in functions.
Analytical problem solvers. People who go beyond just fixing to identify root causes, evaluate optimal solutions, and recommend comprehensive upgrades to prevent future issues.
Dedicated achievers. People who thrive in a fast-paced environment and will stop at nothing to ensure a project is complete and meets regulations and expectations.
Goal-oriented developers. Keeping the customer and requirements squarely in focus, people who deliver safe and robust solutions.
What you will do:
As a Continuous Integration Engineer, you will be responsible for maintaining and improving the Continuous Integration (CI) automation infrastructure to support the Robotics Platform Software and Controls team. You will work with a cross-functional team to deliver scalable automation solutions to enable rapid development, configuration management of the source code and supporting deployment and production sustaining activities. You should be highly organized and detail-oriented, with the ability to convey highly technical information to stakeholders. It is also important that you combine excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal and presentation skills, and the ability to work well both independently and as a leader of a team.
- Participate in the development and rollout of a continuous integration system for a distributed team.
- Setup build environments and pipelines in Jenkins/ GitLab for software artifacts to be built and published.
- Implement features of automation/tools that would help teams achieve a higher level of development efficiency.
- Assist with providing dashboard statistics, development metrics (i.e. development cycle time, test coverage, defect density, etc.), and other relevant information to team members and other stakeholders.
- Lead the analysis and validation of Commercial-off-the-Shelf (COTS) or Soft of Unknown Provenance (SOUP) software.
- Work cooperatively with R&D, Quality, Manufacturing, and Project Management to ensure project success as a key member on the team.
- Identify and support the creation of or improvements to procedures, policies, processes, systems, and technology.
- Support and execute segments of complex product development to advance projects through the design /development/launch process.
- Contribute to product development from concept through release.
- Deliver high-quality results with passion, energy, and drive to meet business priorities.
What you will need:
- Bachelor's in Computer Engineering/Computer Science or related discipline. Advanced
- 2+ years of professional experience in continuous integration.
- Experience with writing code to communicate with instruments for data extraction using various communication protocols.
- Experience with version control and CI/CD systems such as GitHub, GitLab, Jenkins.
- Experience with build systems such as ANT, CMake, or Maven.
- Excellent organizational, communication skills, and attention to detail.
- Experience in Software Development Life Cycle processes.
- Familiar with Agile, other rapid application development methods.
- Knowledge of Application Lifecycle Management, traceability tools (e.g. JIRA, JAMA, etc.).
- Software testing experience in medical device or healthcare industry preferred.
- MATLAB, C/C++, Python, or other scripting languages experience preferred.
- Familiarity with Linux Yocto project is a plus.
- Cybersecurity analysis and related testing experience are a plus.
Know someone at Stryker?
Be sure to have them submit you as a referral prior to applying for this position. Learn more about our employee referral program at https://careers.stryker.com/referrals/About Stryker
Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better. We offer innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes.
We are proud to be named one of the World’s Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine! Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.com