Systems Engineer - MS, Exchange and Storage
Systems Engineer - MS, Exchange and Storage (Job Number: 2300965 )
You will be working with a team of experts to develop, maintain and support Penske's cutting edge storage and server based technologies.
What You Will Be Doing:
As a Penske Systems Engineer – MS & Storage you will implement, support, maintain, and manage Penske’s storage and Windows server based technologies, such as Citrix and Active Directory. Acting as a SME, you will participate in advanced end user support. You will be responsible for maintaining and upgrading the environment, including anti-virus, backups, imaging, and patching. You will also be responsible for installing and maintaining server hardware and the applications that run upon them. Finally, you will collaborate with a team to coordinate the implementation of multiple projects that have enterprise wide implications and impact, such as engineering Penske’s virtual desktop environment.
- Monitor existing systems to ensure structural integrity
- Install and configure operating systems and other software and routinely test installed software for glitch detection and other issues
- Provide technical direction to IT support staff
- Manages and monitors all installed systems and infrastructure for the organization to be in line with company guidelines or SOP (standard operating procedure).
- Assists in the coordination of various teams testing and evaluating for the development of design and its implementation of the best output.
- Installs, configures, and tests operating systems, application software, and system management tools.
- Ensures the highest level of systems and infrastructure availability.
- Provide support of the Company’s storage and server based technologies .
- Support and maintain server hardware and software NAS and SAN to ensure proper operability.
- Perform the administrative tasks required to maintain and grow the environment.
- Monitor server stability and performance and implements a solution if / when a problem is found.
- Participate in DR testing and maintain detailed documentation of the server and SAN infrastructure.
- Manage or co-manage and coordinate the implementation of multiple projects that have department or division-wide implications and impact.
- Responsible for the creation of project plans, timelines, milestones, goals and ownership.
- Participate in after-hours tasks such as on-call responsibilities and organizational outage windows.
- Infrastructure support for key deployments and software.
- Active directory support, security support, Support / implementation of emerging trends and technology to support the business.
- Expected to participate in problem solving, analytical, communication, and team processing skills - participate in Design and implement short- and long-term strategic plans to make certain infrastructure capacity meets existing and future requirements.
- Develop, implement, and maintain policies, procedures
- Practice asset management, including maintenance of network inventory, life cycle management and related documentation.
- Provides “ownership” of problem through final resolution.
- Plan, acquire, and coordinate installation of in-house and remote hardware and software across the organization.
- Participate in research and make recommendations on server products, services, protocols, and standards in support of server procurement and development efforts.
- Plan, design, manage and maintain Citrix Infrastructure and VDI and architecture.
- Maintain backup and redundancy strategies.
- Analyze and implement strategies to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks.
- Define system administration requirements and policies
- Other projects as assigned by the supervisor
- Associate’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Engineering or related field preferred. If no degree, then at least 3 years of specific (function) administration experience required.
- Minimum of 2 years of system engineering and IT support required
- Microsoft certification preferred or equivalent experience.
- 1-2 years of project leadership (including mid-to-large scale projects, and managing multiple projects at one time)
- Experience and full fluency in the following hardware/software (depending on role):
-CITRIX / VDI Infrastructure
-HP / DELL / EMC / NetAPP systems
-Windows server monitoring
-Active Directory knowledge
-Industry trends - HCI, Cloud etc.
-Microsoft office applications (including Visio)
- Proven track record of success
- Experience creating automated scripts
- Knowledge of enterprise networks and structure
- Cloud knowledge
- Prior experience and expertise as it relates to the PTL portfolio of products in use.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Windows family of software including VMWare, Exchange, Outlook, and SharePoint
- Must possess good written and oral communication skills, be customer service oriented, and possess project
- Self-motivated with minimal supervision
- Demonstrate an ability to methodically and proactively analyze problems and identify solutions
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job.
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit ta
background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required.
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Truck Leasing
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates a premier fleet of vehicles and serves its customers from locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Penske’s product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions. Visit www.GoPenske.com to learn more.
Primary Location : United States-Florida-Tampa
Job : Information Technology
Req ID: 2300965