Manager, Facility and Pest Control
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.Position: Manager, Facility and Pest Control Location: Humacao, Puerto Rico
- Responsible for maintaining the site facility and pest control program in compliance with local, and federal regulations.
- Responsible to present as a subject matter expert (SME) the Pest Control program to the regulatory agencies.
- Leads facilities related Pest Control quality events (QE’s) investigations following BMS procedures.
- Responsible to facilities services such as maintenance (soft services), hospitality.) housekeeping, pest control, mail, shipping and receiving, space planning and lab services (where appropriate) are executed in compliance to BMS procedures
- Responds to problems and concerns; oversees the implementation of BMS policies, rules and regulations as they relate to the IFM Facilities Service to minimize BMS risk.
- Responsible for the adherence and performance of pest control requirements established by the site procedures.
- Participate in the creation, revision and implementation of area preventive maintenances, self-inspections and other quality practices and procedures.
- Provide support of Quality Assurance to include training, assigning tasks, risk assessments and monitor procedures to ensure the processes are completed in an efficient and safe manner, and within the scope of company policies and procedures.
- Leads incidents/investigation process related to regulated services. This includes, but not limited to, investigations, documenting incidents in corresponding work orders, participating in incident triage meetings and developing/implementation of CAPAs.
- Able to perform, support, maintain, reconcile and audit, when required, SOP’s, forms, logs, trackers, site drawings, incident diagrams, presentation graphs and training/awareness materials.
- Collect Service Data in spreadsheets and perform Trend Analysis. Such analysis must be focused on the anticipation of possible issues and proactively addressing them.
- Conducts planned inspections of the sites to check the level of service quality provided by in-house and vendor teams. Support external and internal audits.
- Monitors work requests watching vendor performance and trends. Dramatically raise the bar in vendor quality and service while reducing overall costs. Hold vendors accountable for delivering high quality service per contract expectations, collaborating with vendors to continuously improve service quality and improvement plans, and resolve/troubleshoot service issues at the site level.
- Oversees contractors to ensure their compliance with applicable federal, state and local regulations and laws, company policies and procedures, and current Good Manufacturing Procedures.
- Effectively communicates with clients to support regulatory agencies (FDA, EMA etc.) and internal project teams for inspection readiness.
- Supports overall direction and sets priorities for the site improvement projects and activities (related to Facilities and Pest Control Programs).
- Work with space planning to create presentation material for leadership team.
- Address customer needs associated with space/furniture needs.
- Utilize metrics to understand and improve ongoing functional operations and for efficient utilization and optimization of workspace based on input from managers.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Science or another relevant field is desirable.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in Biological / Pharmaceutical Facility and Pest Control Program is desirable.
- Background in Quality preferred, but not required.
- Strong leadership and performance management skills.
- Strong facility-related (e.g. building integrity) assessment skills.
- Proven capabilities on addressing and remediating of pest sightings and investigations in a GMP Manufacturing Facility.
- Ability to establish rationales on Pest Control Best Practices.
- Ability to prepare and analyze Pest Control Trend Reports which can be scrutinized by Regulatory Agencies.
- Experience in auditing GMP Pest Control Programs
- Some knowledge in entomology and common insect’s behavior, preferred but not required.
- GMP experience and safety knowledge (understanding of OSHA requirements)
- Demonstrated communication, administrative and leadership skills with ability to work well with other departments, and effectively and efficiently lead in a team environment.
- Proven ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to understand, implement, and monitor regulatory and safety guidelines applicable to the biological /pharmaceutical industry.
- Strong communication, negotiation and analytical skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in both English and Spanish
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to impact & influence key stakeholders regarding facilities decisions
- Environmental, Health & Safety regulations knowledge and experience Proven record providing excellent internal and external customer service
- Ability to comprehend, analyze and interpret complex business documents
- Ability to respond effectively to highly sensitive issues.
- Ability to write reports, manuals, presentations and articles using distinctive style.
- Ability to keep work pace and meet deadlines, exercise good judgment and must have problem solving skills.
- Occasional exposure to disagreeable conditions.
- Occasional exposure to potentially hazardous conditions.
- Minimum personal protective equipment (safety shoes, safety glasses, hard hat) required.
- Frequent writing and use of keyboard.
- Special gowning as defined and required in the Manufacturing and required areas.
- Average absences from home of one or two nights per month not due to shift work.
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is an essential job function of this role which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application or if you are applying to a role based in the U.S. or Puerto Rico and you believe that you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, during or any part of the recruitment process, please direct your inquiries to email@example.com. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.