Manager-Audit and Appeals
Manager-Audit and Appeals (Job Number: 2213932 )
This position will manage the operating tax audit support function for Penske and affiliates.
- Manage staff positioned in Penske Corporate Headquarters and/or offshore teams to provide tax audit support
- Oversee, manage, and recommend tax remediation related to Penske Logistics audits
- Oversee audits including State Sales and Use Tax, Property Tax, Federal Excise Tax, Federal HVUT, Fuel and Mileage Taxes.
- Responsibilities include oversight of the collection, analysis, and the review of data and documentation supporting tax audits and inquiries, including communications with customers/ vendors, negotiation with auditors, and interfacing with taxing jurisdictions
- Review and approve audit summary documents that outline the audit results, identify the cause of the audit deficiency, and recommend corrective action that will mitigate future errors
- Initiate and perfect tax appeals and refund claims
- Create and maintain positive relationships with customers, audit authorities, and the Penske sales force by providing professional and timely audit support
- Oversee the design, development, implementation, maintenance, and improvements to databases to ensure process compliance requirements and efficiencies are met
- Manage the controllership of tax notices from jurisdictions to ensure the resolution of all notices
- Oversee the creation advanced queries, analyze data, and map detailed processes to draw clear and concise conclusions and recommend potential tax policy improvement opportunities.
- Manage audit support requests with customers, vendors, and related Penske companies
- Oversee tax research utilizing TTR, CCH or other resources
- Other tax projects as assigned by management
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance Business Administration preferably with a focus in accounting, or related field is required
- CPA and / or CMI is preferred
- Proven successful supervision of staff is a plus
- Ability to understand and articulate various complex indirect tax issues
- Strong and adaptable communication skills required
- Proven ability to establish and adhere to project/ audit timelines and priorities
- Proven capacity to manage multiple projects/ audits simultaneously
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, and Powerpoint
- Proven aptitude to query and perform data analysis within AS400 systems
- Experience with Savvion workflow systems preferred
- Willingness to work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required.
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Truck Leasing
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates a premier fleet of vehicles and serves its customers from locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Penske’s product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions. Visit www.GoPenske.com to learn more.
Work Locations :100 Gundy Drive 100 Gundy Drive
Reading, PA 19607
Primary Location : United States-Pennsylvania-Reading
Job : Finance/Accounting
Req ID: 2213932