Data Reporting and Analysis Manager
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
You will support the Director of Data Science and will be responsible for executive support across the Digital Marketing & Base management organization. As an operator, implementer, integrator, advisor and strategist, the successful candidate will ensure streamlined activities and reporting within the organization based on the priorities of the Director. The selected candidate will play a key role in navigating complex business and management challenges, and collaborate across a variety of business partners.
As a Manager of Data Reporting & Analysis, you will join a team responsible for driving results through data analysis, forecasting and actionable insights. You will leverage ThoughtSpot and Adobe Analytics to mine, analyze, and present data and metrics.
- Own specific projects on behalf of the Director and work across organizations and business units to deliver recommendations the organization can execute effectively.
- Perform the necessary analysis and provide recommendations on a course of action using the strategic thinking processes.
- Act as a trusted advisor and strategic thought partner to the Director and assist in facilitating effective decision making.
- Participate in key meetings in conjunction with or on behalf of the Director to provide directional insight and work with key stakeholders within and outside the organization to drive initiatives.
- Provide operational readiness, maximize time and efficiency by integrating cohesion and alignment while inspiring and engaging, presentation creation, and implement governance.
- Interpret, analyze, and present on the results analysis in different forums.
- Drive weekly/monthly forecasting process as well as build bottoms up Outlooks for key KPIs. Partner with Finance and Marketing teams to ensure alignment around assumptions and business drivers.
- Partner with Operations, IT, Business Transformation, Finance, and Marketing Channel teams to ensure proper reporting is available to support business initiatives.
- Work with cross-functional teams to deliver business-impacting initiatives while providing analysis and routine updates to senior leadership teams.
- Build positive client relationships during projects, assess the needs of the organization, identify customer requirements, and develop cohesive projects that improve the culture and operations of the business through more effective programs and events.
- Align key stakeholders, determine project schedules, and identify risk mitigation strategies.
- Continually demonstrate the CREDO in all activities.
Where you’ll be working…
This hybrid role will have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days as set by the manager.
What we’re looking for...
You bring both a business perspective and an understanding of the marketplace and not just theory and numbers. You are a sought after resource for advice and counsel that can be trusted based on thoughtful and thorough analysis. You are a highly effective communicator and listen with both eyes and ears. You are comfortable working in an ambiguous working environment and be proactive to support their peers and leaders. You act with a sense of urgency and deliver on-time, on-budget results. You are able to lead meetings with senior staff, track action items, and push deliverables to completion.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience working with relational databases and SQL reporting.
- One or more year(s) of experience in Tableau development or similar visualization tools.
- Experience in Teradata BTEQ, Multiload, and other Batch tools.
- Experience with PowerShell, .NET , Python or similar language for automation.
- Willingness to travel.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- A degree.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to create visualizations and present to stakeholders.
- Experience working alongside senior leaders.
- Motivated and influenced teams to deliver outcomes and results.
- Ability to execute Executive Presentation Development and Reporting analysis.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
NYC candidates: Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for onsite and hybrid NYC roles. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons). Additional information will be provided during the hiring process.