Manager - Locomotive Budget and Projects
- Req ID: [[id]]
- Department: [[filter6]]
- Job Type: [[jobLevel]]
- Position Type: [[relocationPack]]
- Location: [[filter3]], [[filter2]]
- Country: [[filter1]]
- % of Travel: [[travel]]
- # of Positions: [[numberOpenings]]
- Job Grade: [[jobGrade]]
- Job Available to: [[jobAvailable]]
- Deadline to apply: [[closeDate]]
Canadian Pacific is a transcontinental railway in Canada and the United States with direct links to major ports on the west and east coasts, providing North American customers a competitive rail service with access to key markets in every corner of the globe. CP is growing with its customers, offering a suite of freight transportation services, logistics solutions and supply chain expertise. Visit cpr.ca to see the rail advantages of CP.
The primary role of this position is to develop and direct comprehensive and cost effective maintenance programs and scheduling for CPR locomotives, both leased and owned, to ensure locomotive availability is maximized within budgetary and regulatory requirements to meet Integrated Operating Plan (IOP) requirements
Position Specific Accountabilities:
- Provides goodness of function support for the Locomotive maintenance and servicing processes which are executed under LRC’s and field operations.
- Provides and Supervise operational recommendations from a financial perspective.
- Manages outsourced locomotive maintenance agreements involving: Assist with negotiating changes to contracts, ensuring the OEM fleet meets locomotive contractual requirements and that controls are in place for the effective cross-billing of charges related to the locomotive contracts.
- Manage Project Specialist to help the development and execution of annual and multi-year capital and SMA initiatives which improve MS’s ability to provide improved and more cost effective servicing and repair of locomotives and rail car rolling stock.
- Provide input and help manage processing and/or validate invoicing associated with the Warranty Service Agreements.
- Manages the annual preparation and monthly outlook for the budgets associated with Locomotive maintenance and Servicing.
- Manages capital planning requirements as related to the warranty service agreements and as required for Locomotive Maintenance and servicing.
- Supports and Manages Improvements in operational effectiveness through lean continuous improvement, system and standard setting, performance scorecards, and leveraging process management.
- Supports the justification of equipment modifications and/or changes to maintenance procedures.
- Participates in locomotive long-term planning teams.
- Leads annual Capital and SMA planning for MS infrastructure and shop equipment improvements and replacements.
- Manages the project specialist project execution with the stake holders and business owners to ensure cost effective use of funds while minimizing impacts to railway and shop operations.
- Stratum 4 Information Processing Requirement
- University or College Degree
- Financial acumen
- 5 plus years experience in locomotives or heavy equipment industries
- Contract Management experience
- Risk evaluation
- Financial analysis
- Facilitation skills at an intergroup level, which may involve group on group observation and feedback
WHAT CP HAS TO OFFER:
- Flexible and competitive benefits package
- Competitive company pension plan
- Employee Share Purchase Plan
- Performance Incentive Program
- Annual Fitness Subsidy
CP is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, inclusive of protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.