Product Profitability and Investment Manager
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
As a Product Profitability Manager, you will be engaging with Product Managers on the financial expectations and performance of their products. Beginning with capital funding, you will look at what is being requested and the benefits that are expected – applying an independent and objective lens to the information provided. You will also look at the financial performance of products – identifying and communicating important trends and problem areas, and working with Product Managers to develop plans to address those issues. Key responsibilities would include:
- Assessing product initiatives to validate the benefits proposed; partnering with product managers to develop specific, supportable business case assumptions, e.g. volume, pricing, growth rate and market penetration assumptions.
- Reviewing product financial performance and advising product partners on revenue, cost and margin trends and changes.
- Identifying areas of improvement – particularly around financial performance – and working with product managers to develop improvement plans, capturing expected outcomes, dependencies, resources required and timelines
Where you'll be working...
In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days set by your manager.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Master’s degree with 10 or more years work experience
- Professional certifications such as CPA, Six Sigma, etc.
- Experience working in a product related career field
- Experience developing financial business cases
- Experience working with Google Workspace (Sheets, Docs, etc)
- Experience working with tools such as Anaplan, Clarity, ServiceNow
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every “even better” qualification listed above.
Verizon will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative.
Our benefits are designed to help you move forward in your career, and in areas of your life outside of Verizon. From health and wellness benefits, short term incentives, 401 (k) Savings Plan, stock incentive programs, paid time off, parental leave, adoption assistance and tuition assistance, plus other incentives,we’ve got you covered with our award-winning total rewards package. For part-timers, your coverage will vary as you may be eligible for some of these benefits depending on your individual circumstances.
If you are hired into a California work location, the compensation range for this position is between $119,000 and $251,000 based on a full-time schedule. The salary will vary depending on your location and confirmed job-related skills and experience. This is an incentive based position with the potential to earn more. For part-time roles, your compensation will be adjusted to reflect your hours.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.