Senior Manager - HR Risk and Compliance
Working with Us
Challenging. Meaningful. Life-changing. Those aren’t words that are usually associated with a job. But working at Bristol Myers Squibb is anything but usual. Here, uniquely interesting work happens every day, in every department. From optimizing a production line to the latest breakthroughs in cell therapy, this is work that transforms the lives of patients, and the careers of those who do it. You’ll get the chance to grow and thrive through opportunities uncommon in scale and scope, alongside high-achieving teams rich in diversity. Take your career farther than you thought possible.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives. Read more: careers.bms.com/working-with-us
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
In this role, the Global HR Compliance and Risk Specialist will be responsible for the ensuring compliance to SOX and other internal controls within People Services including Core HR, Payroll, Reward Services, Employee Relations and Benefits.
- Develops, implements and executes the global compliance program in the People Services organization with respect to data privacy, SOX requirements, audits, business continuity, regional laws and regulations, process controls.
- Responsible for establishment, development and management of the testing plan and stakeholder training for the Business Continuity Plan, as part of the corporate Business Continuity Management team, ensuring appropriate risk mitigation plans are in place and operating effectively for business critical Human Resources processes.
- As a subject matter expert, provides cross-functional consulting services to HR stakeholders, concerning business process changes/improvements to ensure new processes add value to the organization and are designed with compliance and efficiency in mind.
- Collaborates with relevant stakeholders including appropriate legal teams in reviewing and interpreting applicable local laws, policies and guidelines to ensure compliance.
- Manages and responds to escalated queries from Peoples Services teams related to compliance, audits, data privacy, statutes, rules and regulations affecting the workforce.
- Develops and maintains overarching guidance and mandatory HR compliance and data privacy training materials which provide direction to relevant HR stakeholders and help ensure that day-to-day activities are managed with appropriate controls and that personal data is protected at all times.
- Responsible for providing guidance and assistance to the People Services function to ensure that issues/concerns (e.g. control gaps, regulatory or personal data breaches), are reported correctly, timely and escalated as appropriate in line with statutory obligations.
- Partners with the Data Protection Office and Information Security to assess and determine actions to remediate any potential data and security breaches and HR response to Data Subject requests.
- Provides advice and support to HR teams on the requirements for engaging with the European works council and country employee representative bodies with regard to process changes/implementations impacting data protection and data privacy related matters.
- Collaborates with Business Controls Function, Process Owners / Service Line Directors and Global Internal Audit to ensure control framework aligns with current operational processes and where required updates controls and supporting documentation to support audits.
- Manage People Services audit requirements, working with internal/external auditors, the Business Controls Function and People Services teams during walkthroughs, testing and reporting. Collaborate with the relevant People Services function where deficiencies are identified to determine actions and ensure remediation is executed timely.
- Reviews and monitors global and local processes to minimize risk and control gaps. Works with People Services functions to assess effectiveness of processes and controls to ensure the right controls are in place, compliant and operating effectively. Collaborates with People Services Leadership Team or Line Managers to promptly remediate any gaps
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum of 8 years of professional work experience in an analytical role is required preferably in Compliance, Audit and/or Human Resources
- Sense of urgency to ensure timely resolution and an ability to work under pressure, multi-task and meet deadlines
- Working knowledge of SOX requirements, data privacy, and other related employment / HR Laws
- Ability to build and manage relationship s in a matrixed environment and to partner with other members of HR, Finance, and IT
- Must be able to work independently and manage multiple priorities and make decisions in an ambiguous environment
- Ability to present complex information in a clear and convincing way to peers and stakeholders
If you come across a role that intrigues you but doesn’t perfectly line up with your resume, we encourage you to apply anyway. You could be one step away from work that will transform your life and career.
Uniquely Interesting Work, Life-changing Careers
With a single vision as inspiring as “Transforming patients’ lives through science™ ”, every BMS employee plays an integral role in work that goes far beyond ordinary. Each of us is empowered to apply our individual talents and unique perspectives in an inclusive culture, promoting diversity in clinical trials, while our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is a necessary job function of this role, which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and it enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
BMS is dedicated to ensuring that people with disabilities can perform complex functions through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, or in any part of the recruitment process, direct your inquiries to email@example.com. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
BMS will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to applicable laws in your area.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.