Manager Data Administration and Reporting, EHS
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
You will be working with a highly functional team responsible for data management, reporting and analytics and systems support for Verizon’s Corporate Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) organization. You will be working with a collaborative multi-discipline team to establish strategy and implement data management practices, develop and deploy robust reporting and analytics, and provide technical support for related systems and tools. Key areas of responsibility will include:
- Establishing data management strategy across EHS systems.
- Mining, cleansing and validating data to maintain integrity.
- Managing EHS data security to ensure compliance with Verizon Data Privacy requirements.
- Enhancing analytic tools, reports and dashboards to support data driven decision-making.
- Developing methods for setting performance targets and measuring impact of EHS activities.
- Troubleshooting and resolving data issues rapidly to minimize customer impact.
- Monitoring industry trends in EHS metrics, data collection, and reporting to continuously improve these processes.
- Implementing strategies to best utilize technology and data to drive overall efficiency and effectiveness of EHS programs.
- Supporting the deployment and sustainment of Verizon’s EHS SaaS (Enablon).
- Staying abreast of Verizon’s EHS SaaS evolution and new technologies to guide decision-making.
Where you’ll be working…
This hybrid role will have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days as set by the manager.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or six or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Willingness to travel up to approximately 25% of the time.
- Four or more years of experience with relational database technologies.
- Experience in mining, cleansing, analyzing and migrating data using SQL, Python and analytic tools such as Cognos, Qlik and/or Power BI.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Master’s Degree in mathematics, data science or computer science.
- Programming experience using C++, .NET and Visual Basic.
- Experience in Enablon SaaS.
- Understanding of EHS in the context of IT applications.
- Experience in EHS or quality management systems (ISO 45001, 14001, OHSAS 18001, and ISO 9001).
- Experience in MS office suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.) and Google suite (Gmail, Docs, Sheets, Slides, Forms, etc.).
- Ability to embrace change and work in a fast paced, iterative environment.
- Ability to work independently and also as part of a cross-functional team.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills with ability to develop positive working relationships.
If Verizon and this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every “even better” qualification listed above.
This role may be considered as part of the Department of Defense SkillBridge Program.
Our benefits are designed to help you move forward in your career, and in areas of your life outside of Verizon. From health and wellness benefit options including: medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability, basic life insurance, supplemental life insurance, AD&D insurance, identity theft protection, pet insurance and group home & auto insurance. We also offer a matched 401(k) savings plan, stock incentive programs, up to 8 company paid holidays per year and up to 6 personal days per year, parental leave, adoption assistance and tuition assistance, plus other incentives, we’ve got you covered with our award-winning total rewards package. Newly hired employees receive up to 15 days of vacation per year, which grows with additional service. For part-timers, your coverage will vary as you may be eligible for some of these benefits depending on your individual circumstances.
If you are hired into a Washington work location, the salary range for this position is between $111,000 and $207,000 based on a full-time schedule. The salary will vary depending on your location and confirmed job-related skills and experience. This position is eligible for an annual performance-based bonus. For part-time roles, your compensation will be adjusted to reflect your hours.
Verizon will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.