Applications and Database Specialist
The ideal candidate will:
- Provides support of Commercial Off The Shelf (COTS) products hosted in the IT infrastructure.
- Provides support for complex issues related to software tools, applications, databases, and system access.
- Works with software vendor to analyze and resolve software installation and on-going support issues of end users.
- Recommends software solutions to meet end user and IT needs.
- Support Cyber Security compliance and audit preparation in coordination with the Cyber Security Team.
- Consults with internal departments to identify customer needs and include into project objectives.
- Creates related documentation.
- Supports recommendations and plans for software development and operations and software purchases.
- Provides support to end users in the selection, procurement, usage, and maintenance of software applications.
- Applies software updates and patches.
- Performs work according to Software Quality Assurance policies and procedures
- Requires a bachelor's degree from an accredited university with emphasis in computer science AND five years directly applicable experience in areas listed in Essential Duties and Responsibilities OR a minimum of ten years equivalent experience in areas listed in Essential Duties and Responsibilities in lieu of a degree.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) security clearance at a Q level.
- Experience working in a fast paced environment with competing priorities.
- Demonstrate written and oral communication skills, including communicating and coordinating with other Government contractors and stakeholders
- Experience with operations and maintenance of COTS.
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server database management
- DOE site experience
- Active clearance
- Related industry-recognized certifications.
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.