Associate Director, US Cell Therapy Reporting and Analytics
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
This role is part of US Cell Therapy Reporting and Analytics team. The individual will lead brand critical projects, determine effective approaches for solving complex problems, and deliver insights to key stakeholders that enable the achievement of our strategic and operational objectives. The successful candidate will utilize BMS CART data infrastructure, reporting tools, multiple analytics techniques, and effective communication skills to provide integrated data-driven decision support to key stakeholders. Additionally, this individual will play a leading role in continuing evolving our overall BMS Cell Therapy business and analytical capabilities.
- Partner with key stakeholders to understand strategic imperatives that drive the brands decision-making and determine ways to measure achievement against objectives
- Proactively focus on the discovery of insights hidden in vast, disparate amounts of data to help us make smarter decisions across the organization
- Participate in brand/BU performance review meetings and provide content/insight to the discussion
- Lead the workstream to define performance metrics, report design, implementation plan and platform choices for launch and inline brand/indication
- Ensures appropriate service delivery to US leadership Executives and Brand Team as defined by stakeholder needs and Performance Management leadership direction. Facilitate business performance review meetings and related analytics request
- Centralizes and streamlines executive ad-hoc queries and Performance Management requests
- Analyzes output of Performance Management services against stakeholder needs to ensure identified needs are addressed appropriately
- Work closely with other capability leads to identify unmet reporting needs, internal departments supported including Analytics, Forecasting, Market Research, Data Strategy, Marketing and Sales, Finance, Investor Relations, and/or company leadership
- Manage vendor on-/off-shore team to direct operational guiding principles, prioritize BMS commercial business units dashboard creation and delivery, assign resources to projects, resolve issues, monitor workflow, collect stakeholder feedback and enhancement requests. Performs QA/QC for all executive Performance Management deliverables and is responsible for issue escalation to Performance Management leadership where appropriate. Ensure all business unit organizational dashboards and reports are as error free, delivered in a fast and timely manner, are of high quality, and continue to be refreshed and enhanced for organization decision making and performance measurement and tracking.
- BA/BS required
- MBA or Masters in a quantitative major or concentration preferred
- 5+ years of experience developing and using advanced analytics and reporting techniques in the pharmaceutical industry
- Significant experience with pharmaceutical secondary data, including national and sub-national data sources. Has the ability in analyzing large, complex data sets and interacting with relational databases
- Strong hands-on experience in Tableau visualization development and data process techniques, working knowledge of Tableau, MicroStrategy, Alteryx, AWS, SQL, R and other platform/programing language. Ability to learn new tools quickly
- Deep knowledge and functional expertise in enterprise performance management including methodologies and applications. Ability to frame analytic findings in a digestible and business friendly format that identifies key business implications. Creative business problem solving skills to design processes and deliver timely results for requests
- Highly developed analytic and information integration skills, ability to draw inferences from disparate pieces of data; identify key findings; and link to implications and provide recommendations
- Strong project management skills, able to multi-task, prioritize, and meet tight deadlines
- Experience work with diverse teams across different functions, operating successfully in a complex organization environment
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills, comfortable to lead discussion and present in a large group setting, and ability to deliver precise message across the matrix team via written and verbal communication
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is an essential job function of this role which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application or if you are applying to a role based in the U.S. or Puerto Rico and you believe that you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, during or any part of the recruitment process, please direct your inquiries to email@example.com. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
BMS will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to applicable laws in your area.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.