Gear and Shaft Machinist -2nd Shift
The Fuel and Motion Control Systems Division of Eaton's Aerospace Group has an opening for a Gear and Shaft Machinist for 2nd Shift. This position is based in Euclid, OH. The pay rate for this position is $24.43/hour +$.50/hour shift differential.
The Euclid facility has approximately 400 employees and is a leader in the design, development, manufacture and delivery of Aerospace Fuel Pumping components, systems and services to the global aftermarket and OEM markets.
- Set up and operate various drilling, milling, edge breaking, and burring machines to generate rough and finish dimensions on a variety of parts.
- Perform operations required to burr, polish, finish, and blend surfaces on machined parts.
- Perform visual and dimensional inspections and maintain accurate documentation on a variety of parts in accordance with ANSI Y14-5 and the certified operator program.
- Provide assistance to other operators on proper operational procedures.
- Perform 5S and other job related duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Setup and operate super finish, lapping, center grinding equipment, balance, shot peen, edge breaking, sand vapor blast and burring machines to generate rough and finish dimensions on a variety of parts.
- Mount and accurately align various jig and fixtures, select speeds, and feeds. Load and align tooling, working from engineering layouts. Adjust stops and cams to produce finish dimensions to close tolerances. Utilize in-process gaging such as indicator arrangements, travel dials, etc., to ensure accurate size control.
- Moderately complicated blueprints are used and completed and work is checked with a variety of mechanical and electronic gages such as datamyte, electronic bore and O.D. gages, micrometers, indicators, profilometers, comparators, and various other precision gaging devices.
- Perform degrease and oiling operations on hardware.
- Set up and operate all equipment with minimum assistance, be familiar with work procedures involved with lapping, sub-assembly, balancing, super-finish, mill, drill and burring operations. Frequent changes in set-up and maintenance of close tolerance require constant attention.
- Maintain accurate lot control (QCP 6.0) traceability, record keeping, log book entries, NCR’s and associated documentation according to QCP.
- Chart and plot data per SPC requirement.
- Move material within the cell.
- Perform minor machine maintenance.
- Perform more than one operation at a time as directed by the supervisor.
- Burr work internal to the cycle as needed.
- High School Diploma or GED from an accredited institution.
- Minimum one (1) year of machining experience or Eaton approved training.
- Must reside within a 50 mile radius of work location; no relocation benefit is provided.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee
- Complete an Eaton approved training program within 30 days from being on the code.
- Become a Certified Operator within 40 days of becoming active on the code.
- Pass an Eaton vision test.
Eaton considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with local laws. To request a disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your job search, application or interview process, please call [Register to View] or send an email to: AccommodationsForApplying@Eaton.com
What you will get from us
Eaton’s mission is to improve the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. We provide sustainable solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power – more safely, more efficiently and more reliably. Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours. Eaton’s 2020 revenues were $17.9 billion, and we sell products to customers in more than 175 countries. We have approximately 85,000 employees.
We make work exciting, engaging and meaningful for our employees through our dedication to tackling some of the toughest power management challenges on the planet and by never losing sight of what matters. Our culture is built on a strong commitment to practicing our core values and supporting our employees with the tools they need to succeed. We pledge to always foster a diverse and inclusive environment, including inclusion resource groups that bring together employees who share a common purpose, interest or background. In the past year, our company has received top employment recognition by the Human Rights Campaign and almost fifty percent of our Board of Directors represented diverse groups. When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We have demonstrated our passion for sustainability with the recent announcement of cutting carbon emissions from the company’s operations by at least 50 percent by 2030. We are ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and committed to learning. We are confident we can deliver on our promise to improve the quality of life and the environment because of the attributes that our employees embody.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: No