Tool and Die Maker (2nd Shift)
Eaton’s Electrical Sector is currently seeking a Tool and Die Maker to join our 2nd Shift team. This position is based at our Fayetteville, NC facility.
The Tool and Die Maker will layout, construct, alter and repair a variety of tools, dies, jigs, fixtures, and gauges to close tolerances. Read and interpret blueprints and drawings or follow specific instructions and drawings. Setup and operate a variety of machine shop tools and equipment. Perform necessary hand operations such as filing, fitting and scraping. Have knowledge of metallurgy, metal properties and heat treating. Perform development work and difficult tool room machining operations. Work out mechanism details, fit and assemble jigs, fixtures, tools, and dies. Assist with equipment startup after installation and correction of problems relating to equipment.
In this function you will:
- Perform work from manufacturing information, bills of material, written and/or oral instructions.
- Set up and operate a variety of machine tools such as drill presses, lathes, milling machines, and grinders to machine metal work pieces, analyze specifications and determine tooling by applying knowledge of metal properties, machining, and shop mathematics.
- Analyze drawings or layout on work piece to visualize machining required and plan sequence of operations. Measure, mark, and scribe work piece to layout for machining.
- Select proper method of securing. Utilizing clamps, chucks, vises, fixtures, shims, etc…
- Verify work piece position with instruments such as surface and height gauges and dial indicators.
- Select feed rate, cutting speed, depth of cut and cutting tools.
- Verify conformance of machines, and / or work piece to specifications.
- Make-to-suit complex drill jigs, holding fixtures, and templates
- Assist in maintaining tool room equipment.
- Assess, build, and repair damage to steel fabrication tooling, dies and other Steel Shop equipment.
- High school diploma or GED from an accredited institution is required
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in machine shop
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now and in the future
- No relocation benefit is offered for this position. Candidates must reside within a 50 mile radius of Fayetteville, NC will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Associates degree in CNC machining or related field from an accredited institution
- Experience with operating a variety of manual machines (lathes, mills, jig bore, grinders)
- Experience working with AutoCAD or other 2D or 3D drawing software
- Experience with geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T) and associated Blueprint reading
Why work at Eaton? We provide benefits that are industry competitive and focused on employee well-being. Listed below are programs that are offered globally, but program availabilities may vary by site.
- Flexible work options to help balance work/life demands (at participating Eaton sites)
- Healthcare/retirement savings programs
- Competitive compensation packages to reward skills and performance
- Tuition assistance or financial help for ongoing learning and development
- Health, Dental, Vision & Wellness programs
- Donation matching (U.S., Canada, Puerto Rico)
Eaton considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with local laws. To request a disability-related reasonable accommodation to assist you in your job search, application or interview process, please call [Register to View] or send an email to: AccommodationsForApplying@Eaton.com
What you will get from us
Eaton’s mission is to improve the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. We provide sustainable solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power – more safely, more efficiently and more reliably. Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours. Eaton’s 2020 revenues were $17.9 billion, and we sell products to customers in more than 175 countries. We have approximately 85,000 employees.
We make work exciting, engaging and meaningful for our employees through our dedication to tackling some of the toughest power management challenges on the planet and by never losing sight of what matters. Our culture is built on a strong commitment to practicing our core values and supporting our employees with the tools they need to succeed. We pledge to always foster a diverse and inclusive environment, including inclusion resource groups that bring together employees who share a common purpose, interest or background. In the past year, our company has received top employment recognition by the Human Rights Campaign and almost fifty percent of our Board of Directors represented diverse groups. When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We have demonstrated our passion for sustainability with the recent announcement of cutting carbon emissions from the company’s operations by at least 50 percent by 2030. We are ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and committed to learning. We are confident we can deliver on our promise to improve the quality of life and the environment because of the attributes that our employees embody.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PDCAD Power Distrib Control Assy Div
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: No