Associate Director, Political Action Committee (PAC) and grassroots
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
Job Summary: Political engagement professional who will execute all aspects of BMS’ political activities. The Associate Director will be responsible for a grassroots portfolio including political fundraising, coordinating legislative meetings, identifying, and recruiting new advocates from the BMS membership, and developing them into high-quality political advocates. Will help implement and execute political training and our annual fly-in. Other projects as necessary.
- The Associate Director will be responsible for a grassroots portfolio including political fundraising, coordinating legislative meetings, identifying, and recruiting new advocates from the BMS membership, and developing them into high-quality political advocates
- Will help implement and execute political training and our annual fly-ins
- Other projects as necessary
- Execution of BMS’ Innovation Advocates program
- Schedule and execute, including being responsible for hitting fundraising event goals and doing one on one individual fundraising outreach to specific goals
- Working with external partners (Congressional staff, fundraisers) staff to facilitate meetings with Ambassadors and policymakers
- Recruitment and development of new Innovation Advocates
- Working with other members of the Government Affairs team to increase member awareness of BMS political programs through membership communication pieces, website materials, BMS meetings, and events, etc
- Communicating with Innovation Advocates to provide political and legislative updates
- Tracking legislative developments as they relate to the biopharma industry and the political environment overall
- Engaging in political strategy to increase engagement and success for BMS’ advocacy goals on the state and federal level
- Utilizing the database to record all political activities including contributions, legislative meetings, and individualized plans, and ensuring accurate and thorough records are kept
- Assist with grassroots activations, donor drives, and other membership-wide initiatives
- Other duties as needed to support the Government Affairs business unit
- 3-5 years of work experience in political and member engagement, political/PAC fundraising, or campaign setting
- Bachelors degree
- Strong political fundraising background, including event management, individual fundraising including soliciting both large and small-dollar contributions, and donor maintenance/relationship building
- Strong knowledge of Congressional staffing and scheduling procedures
- Strong attention to detail
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is an essential job function of this role which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application or if you are applying to a role based in the U.S. or Puerto Rico and you believe that you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, during or any part of the recruitment process, please direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
BMS will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, pursuant to applicable laws in your area.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.