Test and Inspection Officer
The Mission Operations Division at Leidos is seeking a T&I Officer to support a government contract in the National Capital Region (NCR). The ideal candidate will be able to research and develop electronic equipment to include unique problem analysis, testing, troubleshooting and repair of electronic equipment. Candidate must be proficient in the use of device and software test equipment.
- Must be proficient in the use of commercial test equipment from Agilent, Keysight, HP, Tektronix and National Instruments including analyzers (signal, network, noise, power and audio), oscilloscopes, meters, generators (signal, waveform), counters and power supplies in the testing and analysis of electronic communication devices and issues.
- Communicate regularly with customer management, requirements officers, T&I officers, engineers, quality assurance, and the contract PM
- Must be detail-oriented
- Maintain project records, procedures and test results for all associated project equipment
- Research test equipment capabilities and apply those capabilities to the analysis and development of electronic communications devices including reception and transmission
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of electronics principles, theories, and concepts and apply those to complex projects
- Develop technical solutions in collaboration with project engineers and technicians to overcome operational and testing obstacles to device deployment.
- Perform deep analysis of issues, testing, and approaches to advise management on the best course of action.
- Demonstrate independent ability to meet all project objectives by developing and providing a holistic final solution for the end user and situation.
- Document new processes and approaches to share with others in the group and on the project team.
- Lead others in the ability to analyze, define, configure and operate electronic test equipment and electronic communications devices to solve complex issues.
- Lead the team in establishing and updating project procedures and documentation related to the communications devices under test
- Analyze and troubleshoot communications equipment problems and provide technical solutions to operational and test issues affecting multiple groups.
- Brief solutions to end customers and stakeholders
- Active TS/SCI; must be eligible and willing to upgrade to a TS/SCI w/polygraph
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering and 5 years of relevant experience. Work experience can be used in lieu of/combined with education
- Demonstrated knowledge of electronic testing and soldering
Five years of experience with tests including, but not limited to, Voltage Standing Wave Radio (VSWR), Effective Isotropic Radiated Power (EIRP), Signal to Noise + Distortion (SINAD), sensitivity and power consumption
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of tools
- Demonstrated ability to work as an individual and in a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to work with teams, including strong customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt quickly to changing requirements and manage and prioritize multiple tasks
- Two years’ experience testing RF propagation.
- Direct experience with customer
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.