Associate Producer Intern
This is an internship. The candidate must have strong writing and news judgment skills and have experience editing compelling video and sound. Working well in a fast-paced environment is essential. This position requires education in journalism or mass communications with previous television experience. Non-linear video editing is a plus, as is control room experience.
As a part of our commitment to community service and educational enrichment, 4 News is offering a limited number of highly sought after paid internships aimed at providing a springboard for college students interested in developing careers in broadcast and/or cable television and human resources.
Interns will experience all phases of a major market television station’s day-to-day operations as a supplement to their academic curriculum.
NBC CHANNEL 4 News/FOX 11 NSN internships are made available to juniors and seniors registered in a four-year undergraduate program at an accredited college or university. Graduate students and students entering their second year in a two-year junior or community college program may also be considered. Applicants should possess declared majors in communications, journalism, broadcast production techniques or some similar related area. Applicants must be at least 18 years of age. The applicant must receive academic credit for the internship experience.
- A current college student who boasts a strong academic record able to receive college credit for this internship along with being compensated
- A candidate with a terrific attitude who can work well with a team as well as independently
- A creative self-starter who can communicate effectively and work well under constant deadline
- Willing to work mornings, nights and/ or weekends to support our newscasts varying hours: We will work with your academic schedule
- Entertainment: In addition to general requirements, must be familiar with writing scripts and making banners
- Web Operations: In addition to general requirements, must have excellent writing skills. Experience with web content, video editing or content management systems is a plus, but not required
- You must submit one letter of recommendation
- One copy of your academic transcript
- Cover letter: Please include answers to the following questions: 1) What are your career goals? 2) Why are you interested in working with Sinclair?
Internship Application Requirements:
- Two samples of work such as writing projects, (these can be graded class assignments or published work)
- Required forms from the applicant's institution
- A copy of internship guidelines from student's institution, when possible the station should allow the college/university to provide oversight and input over the intern’s duties
- Face-to-face interview virtually or in-person
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!