Diesel Technician/Mechanic III - Entry Level (2209272)
Diesel Technician/Mechanic III - Entry Level (Job Number: 2209272 )
What’s the Job?
Ready to accelerate your career while helping our customers move forward? As a Technician at Penske, you’ll do exactly that. Here, you’ll do preventative maintenance and minor repairs on the newest and best maintained fleet of vehicles in the industry. You will help our customers keep their vehicles in shape and on the road.
Whether you’re looking for your first job out of school or have some vehicle repair experience and are looking to switch gears, becoming a Penske Technician may be a great fit for you.
Why is this job awesome? For starters, no day is the same. You’ll get to work on lots of different types of equipment—not just one manufacturer. We work hard to get the job done, but we also make sure you have the time you need to do the job right. Safety and reliability are our top priorities.
Working alongside experienced supervisors and master technicians, we’ll teach you about our vehicle maintenance processes and the cutting-edge technology we use. And we will make sure you are getting the industry certified training you need to succeed and grow your career. You’ll learn from the best in the industry. We also take pride in how clean our facilities are, and we provide you with all the necessary major shop tools.
If you are mechanically inclined or have completed any vehicle repair training, are willing to learn, and interested in a stable career with a lot of opportunity for growth, join our team.
This position will be located at the Penske facility at 65 Carey Circle in Hampden, ME.
- Making sure vehicles are maintained and safe for our customers
- Doing preventative maintenance repairs—like replacing or rotating tires—and completing vehicle component lubrication and replacement, some electrical system repairs, and cooling system maintenance on gas and diesel engine vehicles
- Partnering with your manager to learn new skills using Penske’s technician training and hands-on coaching
- Working on other projects and tasks as assigned by supervisor
Why Penske is for You:
- Competitive starting salary
- Shift Premiums
- Career stability
- Opportunity for growth
- Excellent benefits, including lots of time off
- Advanced vehicle maintenance technology
- Location and schedule flexibility
- Basic mechanical aptitude and 1-2 years of automotive or diesel repair experience (preferred)
- Valid driver’s license
- The ability to solve problems and comfort using tools
- Excellent customer service skills and communication skills
- The ability to work well as part of a team and outside
- Basic computer skills
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
- Willingness to work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background screening (to include criminal checks, past employment and education), the ability to pass a drug screen and physical as required by the Department of Transportation, and potential travel within a near geography for training are required
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Work Locations :65 Carey Circle 65 Carey Circle
Hampden, ME 04444
Primary Location : United States-Maine-Hampden
Job : Vehicle Maintenance/Mechanics/Technicians
Penske Oracle Job (US & CA only do not edit): : PTL.Technician
Req ID: 2209272