Diesel Technician/Mechanic III - Entry Level
What’s the Job?
Ready to accelerate your career while helping our customers move forward? As a Technician at Penske, you’ll do exactly that. Here, you’ll do preventative maintenance and minor repairs on the newest and best maintained fleet of vehicles in the industry. You will help our customers keep their vehicles in shape and on the road.
Whether you’re looking for your first job out of school or have some vehicle repair experience and are looking to switch gears, becoming a Penske Technician may be a great fit for you.
Why is this job awesome? For starters, no day is the same. You’ll get to work on lots of different types of equipment—not just one manufacturer. We work hard to get the job done, but we also make sure you have the time you need to do the job right. Safety and reliability are our top priorities.
Working alongside experienced supervisors and master technicians, we’ll teach you about our vehicle maintenance processes and the cutting-edge technology we use. And we will make sure you are getting the industry certified training you need to succeed and grow your career. You’ll learn from the best in the industry. We also take pride in how clean our facilities are, and we provide you with all the necessary major shop tools.
If you are mechanically inclined or have completed any vehicle repair training, are willing to learn, and interested in a stable career with a lot of opportunity for growth, join our team.
· Second shift start times after 11am are eligible for $2.00 per hour shift differential
· Third shift start time after 9pm are eligible for $3.00 per hour shift differential
• Making sure vehicles are maintained and safe for our customers
• Using Penske’s tools and technologies to log, research and complete repairs, including basic vehicle diagnostics
• Doing preventative maintenance repairs—like replacing or rotating tires—and completing vehicle component lubrication and replacement, some electrical system repairs, and cooling system maintenance on gas and diesel engine vehicles
• Partnering with your manager to learn new skills using Penske’s technician training and hands-on coaching
• Working on other projects and tasks as assigned by supervisor
Why Penske is for You:
· We take pride in offering a competitive wage and great benefits.
· This position, at this location, offers shift differentials that will vary based on second shift (starting after 11am) or third shift (starting after 9pm) and weekend work.
· This position, at this location, also offers individuals who hold a current and valid CDL will be eligible for a $2.00/hr rate.
· Penske offers ongoing skills training for to our maintenance associates, so you can grow your career!
• High school diploma or equivalent preferred; vocational or technical certification in vehicle repair preferred
• Basic mechanical aptitude and 1-2 years of automotive or diesel repair experience (preferred)
• Valid driver’s license
• The ability to solve problems and comfort using tools
• Excellent customer service skills and communication skills
• The ability to work well as part of a team and outside
• Basic computer skills
• The associate will be required to understand and comply with specific instructions, guidelines, rules, regulations, or other information established by Penske management
• The associate must be able to perform all work adhering to DOT, OSHA, and all Penske safety and maintenance policies; including but not limited to the correct selection and use of appropriate tools, PPE, machine guarding, and established best safety practice.
• Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
• Willingness to work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background screening (to include criminal checks, past employment and education), the ability to pass a drug screen and physical as required by the Department of Transportation, and potential travel within a near geography for training are required
This position is regulated by the Department of Transportation or designated as safety sensitive by the company, and the ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is required. Associates must have the ability to accept responsibility for their own safety, as well as the safety of others.
Physical Requirements: The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the associate will be required to move frequently, stand, walk, climb, bend, and sit for extended length of time throughout their scheduled working period.
• The associate is required to use their hands on a routine and daily basis to grasp, reach, touch, handle, feel, and/or otherwise operate required tools or controls.
• The associate must be able to work safely at heights using applicable ladders and elevated working platforms.
• The associate must be able to safely work in all weather conditions.
• Given the frequent movement of large trucks through the workplace, the associate must be able to see and hear in order to safely navigate the work environment.
• The associate must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 50lbs/23kg and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100lbs/45kg.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer
When you join Penske, you’re joining a team that cares about doing its best. At each location, there’s a strong sense of teamwork. We’re all working together to move our customers forward. That’s true for the 11,000+ vehicle repair associates who are working at hundreds of locations across the United States.
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates a premier fleet of vehicles and serves its customers from locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Penske’s product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions. Visit www.GoPenske.com to learn more.
Automotive, Diesel, Diesel Repair, Diesel Tech, Diesel Mechanic, Gas Mechanic, Mechanic, Hydraulics Auto Repair, Truck Repair, Trailer Repair, Equipment Installer, Electronic Diagnostic, Car Carrier Repair, Mechanical Repair, Installer, Truck Equipment, Auto Mechanic, ASE Certified, ASE, Automotive, Repair, Light And Heavy Duty Trucks, Truck Mechanic Service Technician, Heavy Truck & Equipment Technician, Heavy Truck Mechanic, Equipment Mechanic, Shop Mechanic, Truck Mechanic, Fleet Mechanic, Fleet Technician, Trailer Mechanic, Universal Technical Institute, UTI, Wyotech, Lincoln College of Technology, Lincoln Tech, University of Northwest Ohio, Detroit Diesel, Cummins, Eaton, Meritor, Mack, International, Peterbilt, Kenworth, Volvo, Freightliner, Hino, Isuzu, Apprentice
Job Category: Vehicle Maintenance/Mechanics/Technicians
Job Function: Truck Maintenance
Job Family: Vehicle Maintenance
Address: 149 Hord St
Primary Location: US-LA-Harahan
Employer: Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P.
Req ID: 2314395