Senior Manager, Talent & Organization Development - Maintenance
In Penske Talent Development, it is our mission to create the experiences and resources for our colleagues to transform as human beings. In doing so, we grow the organization’s capacity to serve our communities while being a positive force for good in the world.
In Talent Development, we:
• Grow leaders at all levels of the organization
• Honor the wholeness of the human experience
• Explore multiple perspectives with inclusion and humility
• Stay connected to meaning and purpose
• Develop ourselves
• Stay curious and humble
• Stay in condition to make a difference everyday
The Senior Manager, Talent & Organization Development – Maintenance is responsible for leading the learning strategy, designing and delivering impactful training programs, and leading a team of learning practitioners to support the development and upskilling of our maintenance workforce. This role will focus solely on the growth and individual development of all maintenance personnel through the execution of Role Based Curriculum (RBC), non-technical training. As a key member of the organization, you will collaborate with the C-suite to align the learning vision with the overall business strategy and ensure that our maintenance teams are equipped with the knowledge and skills to excel in their roles.
The role offers the opportunity to lead development initiatives for Role Based Curriculum for Maintenance and requires close collaboration with Senior Leadership and the overall T&OD community. The ideal candidate will be passionate and experienced in strategic thinking, learning design, adult development, facilitation, and leading teams
The Senior Manager, Talent & Organization Development – Maintenance will report to the Sr Director, Talent & Organization Development. Penske’s corporate offices are located in Reading, PA, 75 miles northwest of Philadelphia. Most of our executive leadership team are based out of the office or frequent the office for meetings. Candidates that are within a commutable distance are highly preferred. All candidates must be able to establish and maintain presence in order to advance initiatives with senior leaders and oversee positive relations with staff.
Learning Strategy & Vision:
• Develop a comprehensive learning and development strategy tailored to the unique needs of the maintenance function
• Align the learning strategy with the company's overall business goals and vision to foster a culture of continuous learning and improvement
• Collaborate with senior executives and stakeholders to understand the strategic needs of the maintenance function
• Translate business requirements into impactful learning initiatives that enhance employee performance and contribute to the organization's success
• Effectively communicate the value of learning initiatives to C-suite executives and gain their support for the learning vision
Training Program Development & Delivery:
• Lead the design, development, and implementation of innovative and engaging training programs for the maintenance workforce. Virtual and instructor-led
• Utilize a variety of instructional techniques and technologies to deliver effective learning experiences, both in-person and virtually.
• Identify opportunities for incorporating e-learning, simulations, and other cutting-edge learning methodologies.
• Implement processes for measuring the effectiveness and impact of learning programs on employee performance and business outcomes.
• Utilize data and feedback to continuously improve and refine learning initiatives, ensuring they stay relevant and aligned with evolving business needs
Leadership & Team Management:
• Manage and mentor a team of learning practitioners, fostering their growth and professional development
• Set clear performance expectations, conduct regular performance evaluations, and provide constructive actionable feedback to team members
• Foster a collaborative and inclusive team environment that encourages creativity and innovation in learning solutions
• Bachelor’s Degree Required, Master’s Degree in related area of study (i.e., OD, HR, I/O Psychology) preferred
• Proven experience (5+ years) designing and delivering learning and development programs, preferably in the transportation and/or maintenance industry
• Excellent presentation and communication skills, with the ability to influence and engage at the C-suite level
• Must have deep subject matter expertise in program design & facilitation, adult development, and transformational learning
• Certifications in learning & development such as CPLP, CPTD, or other are advantageous
• Demonstrated experience in managing and leading a team of learning professionals
• Deep personal humility and strong professional will
• Strong executive presence and interpersonal skills; organization savvy and quickly garners credibility with senior executives as well as associates at all levels of the organization
• Strong business acumen and ability to align learning initiatives with overall business strategy
• Self-directed, problem-solver who works well in ambiguous and complex organization processes and systems
• Mindset and Perspective: Results and effectiveness oriented; sees long term goals; deliberately, prioritizes work tasks; inquiring and open to feedback; the future inspires; is drawn to learning; seeks mutuality in relations, collaborative; is aware of personal patterns of behavior.
• Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
• Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required.
• The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
• While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer
About Penske Truck Leasing
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates a premier fleet of vehicles and serves its customers from locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Penske’s product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions. Visit www.GoPenske.com to learn more.
Job Category: Human Resources
Job Family: Human Resources
Address: 100 Kachel Boulevard
Primary Location: US-PA-Reading
Employer: Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P.
Req ID: 2313889