Working Maintenance Supervisor
Working Maintenance Supervisor (Job Number: 2218094 )
A working maintenance supervisor is responsible for coordination, scheduling and auditing of maintenance repairs to include preventative, mechanical and electrical repair to tractors, trucks and trailers.
Your role will be to fully satisfy customer expectations by understanding their business needs and coordinating services and department resources to meet those needs in small locations. In addition, maintain appropriate inventory levels at the lowest possible cost structure as well as develop their team to provide the highest quality service in the industry. You will also be responsible to personally complete repairs and PMs.
Shift Location: 6600 Hardware Drive, , Prince George, VA, 23875
- Meet and exceed customer satisfaction
- Coach/Mentor/Develop service department associates
- Monitor associate work levels
- 50-75% of time completing repairs and doing PMs
- Fleet maintenance management and repair expense management
- Identifying areas for improvement and reinforce policies and procedures
- Facility management, assuring a clean and safe working environment
- Other duties and tasks as required by the manager
Penske values the well-being of our employees and their families. That’s why we offer competitive wages and a wide range of benefits, including medical and dental insurance, prescription drug card, 401K and pension plans, flexible dependent care and medical spending accounts, spouse and child life insurance, employee referral bonus, and discounts with Penske partners.
- Ability and desire to work in a positive, fast paced and high energy environment
- 5 years fleet maintenance management experience preferred
- Fully qualified to work as Tech I or Journeyman Mechanic
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Associates or Tech School degree preferred
- Strong customer service and organizational skills required
- Valid Commercial Driver’s License required
- Proficiency with computers including Microsoft Office and web based applications preferred
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required.
This position is regulated by the Department of Transportation or designated as safety sensitive by the company, and the ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is required. Associates must have the ability to accept responsibility for their own safety, as well as the safety of others.
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to remember and understand certain instructions, guidelines or other information. The associate must be able to see and verbally communicate. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate will be required to move frequently, stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 50lbs/23kg and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100lbs/45kg.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Truck Leasing
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates a premier fleet of vehicles and serves its customers from locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Penske’s product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions. Visit www.GoPenske.com to learn more.
Work Locations :6600 Hardware Drive 6600 Hardware Drive
Prince George, VA 23875
Primary Location : United States-Virginia-Prince George
Job : Vehicle Maintenance Management/Supervisors
Penske Oracle Job (US & CA only do not edit): : PTL.Working Maintenance Supervisor
Req ID: 2218094