Fleet Maintenance Supervisor
As a Penske Maintenance Supervisor you will use your excellent communication, organization, and multitasking skills to engage your diesel technicians, maintain good morale among your team, and keep your customers happy. Regular duties include coordinating, scheduling and auditing of vehicle maintenance repairs to include preventative, mechanical and electrical repair to tractors, trucks and trailers.
You will be involved in the hiring, training, and ongoing development of vehicle maintenance technicians to ensure that our highly skilled workforce is able to meet customer expectations.
Preferred candidates will have at least 3+ years in fleet vehicle maintenance experience overseeing technicians. Minimally qualified candidates will have at least 3 years of team management in an environment with strong operational metrics. This is a great position to grow into a leadership role with Penske – and you don’t need to be a mechanic.2nd shift Tuesday to Saturday 2:30p.m. - 11p.m.
What we offer you:
Penske values the well-being of our employees and their families. That’s why we offer competitive wages and a wide range of benefits, including medical and dental insurance, prescription drug card, 401K and pension plans, flexible dependent care and medical spending accounts, spouse and child life insurance, employee referral bonus, and discounts with Penske partners.
All new maintenance supervisors at Penske are enrolled in a training program to provide you with critical job skills, including vehicle componentry and maintenance technology. The training focuses on service department management, effectively leading associates and customer engagement.
Major Responsibilities :
• Prioritize and assign work to meet customers’ needs
• Ensure quality, compliance, and safety of Penske’s assets
• Control repair, inventory, and labor costs
• Meet and exceed customer satisfaction
• Coach and mentor technicians and CSRs
• Monitor associate work levels
• Facility management, assuring a clean and safe working environment
• Other duties and tasks as required by supervisor
• Ability and desire to work in a positive, fast paced and high energy environment
• 3-5 years fleet maintenance management experience preferred, or at least 3 years of team management in an environment with strong operational metrics.
• High School Diploma or equivalent required
• Associates or Tech School degree preferred
• Strong customer service and organizational skills required
• Valid Driver’s License required
• Proficiency with computers including Microsoft Office and web based applications preferred
• The associate will be required to understand and comply with specific instructions, guidelines, rules, regulations, or other information established by Penske management
• The associate must be able to perform all work adhering to DOT, OSHA, and all Penske safety and maintenance policies; including but not limited to the correct selection and use of appropriate tools, PPE, machine guarding, and established best safety practice.
• Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job.
• Willingness to travel within the district (close geographical area)
• Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required.
This position is regulated by the Department of Transportation or designated as safety sensitive by the company, and the ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is required. Associates must have the ability to accept responsibility for their own safety, as well as the safety of others.
Physical Requirements: The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the associate will be required to move frequently, stand, walk, climb, bend, and sit for extended length of time throughout their scheduled working period.
• The associate is required to use their hands on a routine and daily basis to grasp, reach, touch, handle, feel, and/or otherwise operate required tools or controls.
• The associate must be able to work safely at heights using applicable ladders and elevated working platforms.
• The associate must be able to safely work in all weather conditions.
• Given the frequent movement of large trucks through the workplace, the associate must be able to see and hear in order to safely navigate the work environment.
• The associate must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 50lbs/23kg and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100lbs/45kg.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Category: Vehicle Maintenance Management/Supervisors
Job Family: Operations
Address: 3641 E Houston St
Primary Location: US-TX-San Antonio
Employer: Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P.
Req ID: 2326309