Automotive Mechanic (100361)
Diversity of backgrounds, ideas, thoughts, and experiences is vital to our culture and the way we do business. Creating an environment where differences are embraced and where every person feels engaged and included makes us safer, stronger, and more successful.
With a history dating back to 1886, American Water is the largest and most geographically diverse U.S. publicly traded water and wastewater utility company. The company employs more than 7,000 dedicated professionals who provide regulated and market-based drinking water, wastewater and other related services to 15 million people in 46 states. American Water provides safe, clean, affordable and reliable water services to our customers to help make sure we keep their lives flowing. For more information, visit amwater.com and follow American Water on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
Are you looking to "drive" your career to the next level? Are you mechanically inclined and thrive in a fast-paced environment? If so, Pennsylvania American Water is looking for you! Our Carnegie, PA facility is seeking an Automotive Mechanic to join our team and help run our fleet of vehicles. In this role you will be responsible for making sure our trucks and other operating vehicles are running smoothly. As our Automotive Mechanic you will perform required state inspections, oil changes and other routine maintenance, as well as work on both gas and diesel engines.
*This position does require a State Inspection License.Primary Role
Maintains, modifies, and repairs all company vehicles, ditch pumps, air compressors, etc.Key Accountabilities
- Maintains, modifies, and repairs all company vehicles, ditch pumps, air compressors, etc.
- Performs other normal duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Thorough knowledge of Pennsylvania Official Inspection Station Manual.
- State inspection license required
- Valid driver license required
- CDL Class B license is required; CDL Class A preferred
- DOT medical card required
- Must be physically able to perform all job duties
- Two (2) years of industry experience or two (2) years equivalent in technical vocations school in auto mechanics as per state law.
- GED/High School diploma
- Monday-Friday 7:30 am - 4:00 pm
- Position is subject to 24/7/365 hour call-out and overtime
- Must have certification from Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, Department of Transportation as a Pennsylvania Official Inspection Mechanic in the classification of motor vehicles and trailers (both passenger and commercial type) and maintain that certification.
- Must possess a valid PA Driver's license.
Join American Water...We Keep Life Flowing™
American Water is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and prohibits employment discrimination for employees and applicants based on his or her age, race, color, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, citizenship, or because he or she is an individual with a disability, protected veteran or other status protected by federal, state, and local laws.