Motor Vehicle Mechanic w/CDL (36954)
Amentum is seeking a Motor Vehicle Mechanic w/CDL to support PREPO Maintenance Fleet.
- Repairs, rebuilds, or overhauls major assemblies of internal combustion automobiles including military vehicles.
- Diagnoses system malfunctions, isolate causes, and determines the extent of repairs required to correct deficiencies.
- Replaces worn or broken parts such as piston rings, bearings, or other engine parts.
- Grinds and adjusts valves, rebuilds carburetors, overhauls transmissions.
- Repairs fuel injection, lighting, and ignition systems.
- Dismantles and reassembles equipment, using Technical Manuals, lifting devices, hand and pneumatic tools.
- Performs all work in accordance to the applicable Technical Manual for the vehicle and work assigned. May direct workers engaged in cleaning parts and assisting with assembly and disassembly of equipment.
- May recommend revisions to internal maintenance procedures to improve efficiency and ensure quality workmanship within Army regulations.
- Must be able recognize and know proper usage of a variety of automotive tools.
Performs all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
Safety – Amentum enforces a safety culture whereby all employees have the responsibility for continuously developing and maintaining a safe work environment. As appropriate, each employee is responsible for completing all training requirements and fulfilling all self-aid/buddy aid responsibilities, participating in emergency response tasks and serving on safety committees and teams.
Quality - Quality is the foundation for the management of our business and the keystone to our goal of customer satisfaction. It is our policy to consistently provide services that meet customer expectations. Accordingly, each employee must conform to the Amentum Quality Policy and carry out job activities in compliance with applicable Amentum Quality System documents and customer contracts. Each employee must read and understand his/her Quality Management and Customer Satisfaction responsibilities.
Procedure Compliance - Each employee must read, understand and implement the general and specific operational, safety, quality and environmental requirements of all plans, procedures and policies pertaining to his/her job.
- Must be a US Citizen or Permanent Legal Resident
- High school diploma or GED.
- Five or more years’ experience and specific knowledge in vehicle maintenance either through schooling, to include a formal apprenticeship or equivalent, and/or verifiable on the job experience.
- Must know theory and principles of engine operations and accessories and components.
- Must have or be able to obtain site forklift and other licenses/certifications as needed to perform duties.
- Must have a valid and current state driver’s license.
- Must be able to operate a government general-purpose vehicle
- Must be able to inspect, repair, and operate a diverse range of vehicles
- Must be able to complete paperwork associated with vehicle maintenance and repairs.
- Must be able to manipulate and use hand tools and hydraulic equipment
- Must possess basic computer skills
- Must have the ability to read, interpret, and apply Technical Manual instructions, publications, and safety rules.
- Must be able to read, interpret and use vehicle maintenance manuals, service bulletins, wiring/schematic diagrams, data tables and other specifications to determine feasibility and method to repair or replace malfunctioning or damaged components.
- Must have the ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Position may require the ability to pass and maintain a Security Clearance.
- Position may require travel.
- Must hold a Class A CDL and maintain during employment. Those without a current CDL A may be allowed to obtain within 90 days of start of employment.
- Must be able to meet physical requirements associated with and/or pass any medical examination requirements related to performing daily assigned tasks or required licenses/certifications
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Maintenance and repair of military tactical vehicles, as well as, lawn mower (push, riding, zero turn), ATV, side by side, HMMWV, light wheeled trailers, LMTV, FMTV, medium wheeled trailers
- ASE and/or Diesel Mechanic Certifications
- Experience in field repairs and recovery.