Heavy Vehicle Mechanic (38630)
Position is Located in Husterhohe Germany. Local Nationals are eligible to apply.
Purpose and Scope:
Performs the following activities under limited indirect supervision in accordance with established military procedures and regulation:
Heavy Equipment Mechanic maintains, diagnoses and repairs gasoline or diesel engine powered, self-propelled, skid-mounted, and towed engineer construction equipment including accessories and allied equipment used in earthmoving, grading, excavation, logging, clearing, landing operations, and cableway and tramway operations.
- Analyze malfunctions and repairs, rebuilds and maintains power equipment, such as cranes, power shovels, scrapers, paving machines, motor graders, trench-digging machines, conveyors, bulldozers, dredges, pumps, compressors and pneumatic tools.
- Operate and inspects machines or equipment to diagnose defects.
- Dismantle and reassemble equipment, using hoists and hand tools.
- Examine parts for damage or excessive wear, using micrometers and gauges.
- Replaces defective engines and subassemblies, such as transmissions.
- Tests overhauled equipment to insure operating efficiency.
- May direct workers engaged in cleaning parts and assisting with assembly and disassembly of equipment.
- May repair, adjust and maintain mining machinery, such as stripping and loading shovels, drilling and cutting machines and continuous mining machines.
Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
Safety - Amentum enforces a safety culture whereby all employees have the responsibility for continuously developing and maintaining a safe work environment. As appropriate, each employee is responsible for completing all training requirements and fulfilling all self-aid/buddy aid responsibilities, participating in emergency response tasks and serving on safety committees and teams.
Quality - Quality is the foundation for the management of our business and the keystone to our goal of customer satisfaction. It is our policy to consistently provide services that meet customer expectations. Accordingly, each employee must conform to the Amentum Quality Policy and carry out job activities in compliance with applicable Amentum Quality System documents and customer contracts. Each employee must read and understand his/her Quality Management and Customer Satisfaction responsibilities.
Procedure Compliance - Each employee must read, understand and implement the general and specific operational, safety, quality and environmental requirements of all plans, procedures and policies pertaining to his/her job.
Minimum Position Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
Military experience in this field is highly desirable but not required.
Candidates with military experience must provide training certification validation or documents to confirm training from military and or acrredited tehcnial school/college or university.
Must have 2 years of years maintaing special purpose type vechicles. .
Must possess a valid driver's license. Must also pass a pre-employment criminal background check, drug screen and physical.
Work Environment, Physical Demands, and Mental Demands:
Extreme danger, stress, physical hardships and possible field living conditions associated with this position within a desert camp complex. Ability to function during an extended assignment at a foreign, in-country facility exposed to seasonal temperature extremes. Ability to cope with shared cafeteria, bath and sleeping quarters. Must be able to walk, kneel, bend and stoop.