Body Shop Technician I
Body Shop Technician I (Job Number: 2216890 )
As an experienced Body Shop Trailer Technician with Penske, you’ll use industry-leading technology and repair techniques to get our customers' units back up and running in high-quality condition. You’ll take the lead to perform minor and major Box truck and trailer collision repairs, while enjoying the advantages of working for a winning team that’s got your back.
You’ll have the opportunity to continue learning with our in-house training programs. Learn from the best and have access to leading technology, as Penske was the first in the industry to become I-CAR Gold certified. You’ll get to work on lots of different equipment and we give you the time to get the job done right. If you are an experienced Trailer body shop technician and are interested in a stable career with a lot of opportunity for growth, join our team.
Work Location: Phoenix
Work Hours: 40
Why Penske is for You:
- Competitive salary and incentives
- Career stability
- Opportunity for growth
- Excellent benefits, including lots of time off
- Perform all levels of Truck Collision Repair and maintenance services. Duties may include the overhaul, adjustment, replacement and repair of all series of Box truck and trailer equipment including, but not limited to the following: Sheet Metal Repair, Fiberglass Repair, Composite Bonding/ Repair, Welding/ Fabricating, Suspension Repair, Box Repair/ Replacement, Brake Systems, Surface Preparation, and Light Paint/ Blending.
- Identify and determine parts required for repair of disassembled Box truck and trailer units
- Identify warrantable repairs and document on repair order
- Maintain work area appearance and safety
- Perform duties with little or no supervision and in a timely and efficient manner
- Other projects and tasks as assigned by supervisor
- 6 years practical experience (or an equivalent combination of related education and experience)
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Vocational/technical school preferred
- Specialized training and experience in the repair/refinish of all series of truck and trailer required
- Proficiency in the use of all tools of trade (including welding equipment, paint equipment, shop machines, and power tools) required
- Valid driver’s license required
- Basic computer skills required
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
- Work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required.
This position is regulated by the Department of Transportation or designated as safety sensitive by the company, and the ability to work in a constant state of
alertness and in a safe manner is required. Associates must have the ability to accept responsibility for their own safety, as well as the safety of others.
Whether it’s on the racetrack or in the body shop, our people love working here. Our supportive team culture will make you feel like you’re not just getting a job,
but joining a family. So it’s time to do what you love, love what you do.
Physical Requirements :
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to remember and understand certain instructions, guidelines or other information. The associate must be able to see and verbally communicate. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate will be required to move frequently, stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 50lbs/23kg and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100lbs/45kg.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Truck Leasing
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates a premier fleet of vehicles and serves its customers from locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Penske’s product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions. Visit www.GoPenske.com to learn more.
Keywords: fabrication, sand/prep, cosmetic repair, restore, filler, painting, Works with a variety of metals and plastics, as well as glass, and mechanical parts, Collison, Auto body, Auto, Truck body, Framework , Refinishing, Commercial body work, Fleet repair, Collision technician, Truck repair, Disassembling/assembling vehicles, Lead painter, Upholstery, Bodywork, Trim repair, Rebuild/teardown
Work Locations :1100 N. 43rd Ave. 1100 N. 43rd Ave.
Phoenix, AZ 85043
Primary Location : United States-Arizona-Phoenix
Job : Vehicle Maintenance/Mechanics/Technicians
Penske Oracle Job (US & CA only do not edit): : PTL.Technician
Req ID: 2216890