Body Shop Apprentice Technician
Body Shop Apprentice Technician (Job Number: 2220665 )
Location: 2821 Innovative Drive Northwood, OH 43619
As a collision apprentice repair technician with Penske, you’ll work shoulder to shoulder with experienced, skilled technicians of all classes performing minor truck and trailer collision repairs with primary focus on learning and growing your skillsets in truck and trailer component repair to swiftly transition the role of a Body Shop Technician III.
All while enjoying the advantages of working for a winning team that’s got your back. You’ll use industry-leading technology and repair techniques – plus cutting-edge diagnostic equipment – to get our customers' state-of-the-art vehicles back up and running in high-quality condition.
We have a talented team of body shop techs across North America, and we’ve trained all of them. We don't just help you get by; we help you get ahead. You’ll have the opportunity to participate in our in-house training programs, learn from the best and have access to leading technology, as Penske was the first in the industry to become I-CAR Gold certified. You'll have a career path to match your growing skills and experience.
Why Penske is for You:
- Competitive starting salary
- Career stability
- Opportunity for growth
- Excellent benefits, including lots of time off
- Advanced vehicle maintenance technology
- Assist technicians performing minor electrical system repairs, Surface preparation for refinishes, Minor Cab Accessory repair/ replacement, Minor Cargo Box repairs and assist with removal, replacement, and repair of major components.
- High Level of engagement in a learning environment
- Ability to apply learnings to execute repairs independently performing minor truck and trailer component repair or replacement
- High Level of engagement in a learning environment
- Maintain work area appearance and safety
- Focusing on growing into a technician III
- Other projects and tasks as assigned by supervisor
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
- Vocational/technical school preferred
- Working knowledge of tools of trade (including welding equipment, paint equipment, shop machines, and power tools) preferred
- Valid driver’s license required
- Basic computer skills required
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required.
This position is regulated by the Department of Transportation or designated as safety sensitive by the company, and the ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is required. Associates must have the ability to accept responsibility for their own safety, as well as the safety of others.
Whether it’s on the racetrack or in the body shop, our people love working here. Our supportive team culture will make you feel like you’re not just getting a job, but joining a family. So it’s time to do what you love, hit that apply button.
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to remember and understand certain instructions, guidelines or other information. The associate must be able to see and verbally communicate. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate will be required to move frequently, stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 50lbs/23kg and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100lbs/45kg.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Penske Truck Leasing
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pennsylvania, is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates a premier fleet of vehicles and serves its customers from locations in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Penske’s product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions. Visit www.GoPenske.com to learn more.
Keywords: fabrication, sand/prep, cosmetic repair, restore, filler, painting, Works with a variety of metals and plastics, as well as glass, and mechanical parts, Collison, Auto body, Auto, Truck body, Framework , Refinishing, Commercial body work, Fleet repair, Collision technician, Truck repair, Disassembling/assembling vehicles, Lead painter, Upholstery, Bodywork, Trim repair, Rebuild/teardown
Work Locations :2821 Innovative Drive 2821 Innovative Drive
Northwood, OH 43619
Primary Location : United States-Ohio-Northwood
Job : Vehicle Maintenance/Mechanics/Technicians
Penske Oracle Job (US & CA only do not edit): : PTL.Apprentice Technician-Body Shop
Req ID: 2220665