Banking Integration Engineer
As a Senior Integration Engineer you will enable our client's journey for adopting modern Banking platforms and delivering leading digital capabilities to our customers. You'll be intimately involved the innovation of our Banking-as-a-Service (BaaS) platform, ensuring we are always pushing the art of the possible for our clients. You will support the development of our Cloud Native BaaS offering. Work directly with clients and collaborate with peers to deliver client adoption projects.
Work you'll do
• Work with our leadership team (and leading fintechs and tradtional FIs) to shape interoperability architecture design
• Develop BaaS system integrations, using Cloud Native Services to connect an ecosystem of leading Fintech providers, financial services SaaS solutions, and Deloitte Cloud-hosted assets
• Develop PoCs to determine viability of potential marketplace solutions or delivery approaches
• Develop orchestration and choreography patterns to support banking business process
• Work with key subject matter experts to understand business processes and experiences integrations must support
• Design and deploy a multitude applications utilizing public cloud stack focusing on high-availability, fault tolerance, and auto-scaling.
• Manage full software development life cycle including understanding business requirements , performing solution design , coding, implementing the solution and documenting software specifications
Our Cloud Engineering team focuses on enabling our client's end-to-end journey from On-Premise to Cloud, with opportunities in the areas of: Cloud Strategy, Architecture & Transformation, Cloud Native & Application Development, APIs & Integration, Platforms & Infrastructure, and Cloud Managed Services . We help our clients see the transformational capabilities of Cloud as an opportunity for business enablement and competitive advantage.
Cloud Engineering supports our clients as they improve agility and resilience, and identifies opportunities to reduce IT operations spend through automation by enabling Cloud. We accelerate our clients towards a technology-driven future, leveraging vendor solutions and Deloitte-developed software products, tools, and accelerators.
• 5+ years demonstrated expertise designing, implementing, and supporting Enterprise-grade digital solutions meeting complex business requirements
• Integration architecture experience with Spring or other solutions including, Mulesoft IBM, BEA, Oracle, Tibco, Progress Sonic, Kafka etc.
• Experience with Cloud Native Open Source architectures and/or past contributions to Open Source projects
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong cognitive ability especially with respect to understanding, documenting, and describing complex technical subjects
• Experience designing public and private enterprise secure services using OPEN API standards and REST based APIs
• Familiarity with AWS/GCP/Azure/Pivotal CLI and SDK tools.
• Experience designing and building cloud native digital solutions from the ground-up
• Experience w/ complex integrations in hybrid models with non-cloud technologies and third-party vendor products/services
• Software development experience in building microservices and using any frameworks such as springboot, quarkus or micronaut.
• Experience in building container-based service deployments using CI/CD pipelines (Jenkins, Spinnaker etc.) and orchestration platform with knowledge around service mesh architecture such as Istio etc.
• Someone who has worked in or supported clients in Banking; understands the basics of industry solutions and excited about the potential to reimagine and disrupt legacy
• Ability to travel up to 50% (While up to 50% travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice)
• Limited immigration sponsorship may be available
• Experience with Tomcat, XML, JMS, WS-*, SOA integration, API Management technologies and standards
• Bachelor's degree in CS or equivalent industry experience
• Experience delivering in scrum, agile, and other modern development methodologies
• Design, development and operations experience with highly-available, scalable, and fault tolerant systems
• Experience profiling and troubleshooting Java application code