Job was saved successfully.
Job was removed from Saved Jobs.
Senior Consultant - M&A/Strategy, Diligence & Restructuring - Financial Services (Insurance, Banking & Capital Markets or Invest (98459)
Senior Consultant - M&A/Strategy, Diligence & Restructuring - Financial Services (Insurance, Banking & Capital Markets or Investment Management)
Are you an M&A professional experienced with clients in Insurance? Our practice is undergoing heavy growth and high demand for M&A talent. We proudly give our consultants the chance to work with world-class organizations solving the most interesting business issues as part of a collaborative team environment.
Work you'll do
Senior Consultants in Deloitte's M&A/R offering portfolio serve as trusted advisors to corporate and private equity clients. They synthesize overall strategy by analyzing a wide variety of solutions, selecting the most relevant tools/techniques to meet specific client requirements such as business case, pricing, or complex financial analysis, and interpreting and reporting on outputs. Senior Consultants will participate in setting engagement objectives and scope; develop work plans for components of engagements, coordinate activities between work streams and identify changes in scope. Senior Consultants will also design deliverable content to precisely reflect the engagement contract and client needs and strive to improve deliverable quality through verification and validation of results.
M&A Restructuring advises, implements, and delivers transformative solutions to clients to achieve sustainable, tangible margin improvement and strategically allocate resources to growth initiatives. Restructuring will amplify M&A capabilities through collaboration with a wide variety of groups across Deloitte including Advisory, Tax, Strategy & Analytics, and Strategic and Business Cost Transformation to bring the best of Deloitte's value creation offerings to our clients. M&A Restructuring enables seamless access to all of our firm's value-related assets - in and outside M&A. They bring differentiated, value-focused, points-of-view and resources - in sales and delivery. Restructuring offers a complete suite of innovative digital and analytical capabilities including:
- Business and Operating Model Transformation.
- Digital Transformation.
- Synergy and dis-synergy assessments, planning and value capture.
- Rapid Cost Take-out - pre(distressed) clients.
- Working Capital Optimization.
- Strategic Turnarounds.
- Clean Room Services.
- Business Process Optimization / Automation.
- Stranded Cost Reduction.
- Legal entity restructuring related transformation.
The Restructuring Finance team plays a critical role for clients in the transformation phase of the M&A deal lifecycle by the following:
- Review M&A readiness documentation, tools, & templates as needed.
- Revise M&A strategy if necessary based on lessons learned.
- Assess potential for consolidating or closing business units.
- Evaluate Finance Operating Model.
- Align finance policies and procedures between target and acquirer.
- Optimize unified planning, reporting & forecasting process.
- Plan and prepare for rigor of next YE/audit.
- Assess deal returns.
- Document lessons learned.
- M&A or M&A Service Delivery Experience.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree and 4+ years consulting and/or industry experience; alternatively, an MBA with 2+ years relevant work experience is acceptable.
- Ability to travel up to 50%, on average, based on the work you do and the clients and industries/sectors you serve.
- Limited immigration sponsorship may be available.
- Ability to work independently; lead small teams focused on specific work streams of larger projects.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills (MS Visio, MS PowerPoint).
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature judgment.
- Eagerness to mentor junior staff.
- An advanced degree.