Indirect Account Manager ( 564790-1A )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is a leading provider of technology, communications, information and entertainment products, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our ambition and united in our shared purpose to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
You’ll work side-by-side with our agent and third-party retail partners to grow our wireless product and service sales through their national outlets. You’ll communicate key business changes and critical messages to influence much more than any individual sale. Ongoing, you’ll assess performance of each agent and retailer and develop a tailored plan to improve productivity to help them meet their targets. A combination of incentives, promotions, and marketing programs along with training and education will be your tools. When our partners are successful, so are we.
- Establishing and growing positive partnerships with existing agents and creating new agent relationships.
- Enhancing agent capabilities and performance through product knowledge and skills, and tailored sales strategies to drive achievement of agent sales targets.
- Monitoring and evaluating agent and overall channel sales performance for continuous improvement, and analyzing market factors.
- Visiting indirect retail locations frequently - in person or virtually – and providing remote support.
- Stakeholdering within individual locations in an assigned territory for both local agents and National Retailers.
- Ensuring great customer experiences and addressing customer complaints or disputes quickly.
- Conducting and attending internal meetings, and disciplined organizing and planning for weekly visits.
What we’re looking for...
You manage your accounts like you’d run your own business. Your attention to detail ensures you’ll get the job done accurately. You know that your success depends on the team’s success. People trust you and come to you for advice. You are confident in your ideas but are always open to input from others - because you know the best ideas come from different perspectives. You find sharing your expertise and developing others rewarding - and helping everyone win is the best.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years work experience.
- Three or more years of relevant work experience.
- Willingness to travel within assigned territory.
- A valid driver’s license.
- Eligibility to pass motor vehicle record check.
Even better if you have:
- A degree.
- Sales, marketing, training, or customer service experience (ideally, with third-party sellers or retailers).
- Experience in the wireless industry.
- Experience managing competing priorities with tight deadlines in a dynamic work environment.
- Account management experience.
- Demonstrated interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills.
- Ability to assess performance.
- Ability to drive sales and productivity.
- A demonstrated drive for results.
- Financial acumen and the ability to interpret/analyze sales results.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.