Regional Account Manager, West (R451151)
Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better. We offer innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes. We are proud to be named one of the World’s Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine. Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.com
he Regional Account Manager primarily will be responsible for representing Stryker as a leader in our industry and the marketplace by promoting our Mako Program Analytics (MPA) to a sophisticated audience comprised of surgeons and healthcare professionals, while honing his/her skills to assume all aspects of the Regional Account Manager accountabilities. The Regional Account Manager will increase MPA participation in the assigned territory and develop Stryker’s customer relationships by supporting existing accounts and building new accounts through the identification of new customers in the territory.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Partner with Stryker Capital and JR sales teams to drive business development efforts with primary emphasis on contract negotiation, closing business associate agreements and post MPA client management.
- Will participate in the cross functional team (Capital, JR sales) that executes the sales cycle, as well as post sale installation (MPS, Client Manager, Performance Analyst) and training activities at customer site.
- Helps to transition “ownership” of account to the MPA clinical organization.
- Ability to build, and manage, a “funnel” of MPA opportunities sufficient to ensure that annual quotas are met or exceeded.
- Ability to promote a breakthrough technology and establish a new marketplace.
- Collaborates effectively with marketing and sales management to build the strategies and selling tools that will further support increased selling effectiveness.
- Submits consistent and timely reporting of MPA opportunities, lead follow up and forecasts and other reporting as required
- Attends sales training meetings, as well as trade shows and other events that would tend to promote and give visibility to the companies’ products.
- Transition project leadership to implementation resources while maintaining accountability for the client’s success – ensure implementation teams are enabled to succeed.
- Streamline and own client overview of Joint Replacement Data Dashboards and Platforms.
- Serve as the primary owner responsible for the set up and execution of all account business reviews.
- Bachelor of Arts / Bachelor of Science in related field
- 8+ years of demonstrated success in account management/sales/business development roles; of which 2+ years account management experience, managing relationships with key stakeholders through implementation.
- 3+ years in a direct sales role; prefer hospital setting, implant or medical capital equipment sales experience.
- Demonstrated enterprise interacting with hospital administration and staff.
- Demonstrated verbal communication skills (both in groups and one-on-on interaction) and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability in building and maintain strong relationships; experience developing relationships with surgeons and hospital executives in respective areas.
- Demonstrated integrity, patience, follow-through skills and ability to strategize.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly identify opportunities in a business situation, influence the outcome, and persuade the players; adept emotional intelligence.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team.
- Consult with legal counsel ensuring full compliance with all programs.
- State established rate or range for salary - eligible to earn commissions and other bonuses
- Benefits (Health, Vision, Dental, 401K, Tuition Reimbursement, Employee Assistance Program, Wellbeing Program, Employee Stock Purchase Program)
Know someone at Stryker?
Be sure to have them submit you as a referral prior to applying for this position. Learn more about our employee referral program.