Federal Major Account Manager ( 568286-1E )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is a leading provider of technology, communications, information and entertainment products, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our ambition and united in our shared purpose to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
You’ll be essential in delivering innovative solutions to Federal Government and Civilian customers that make them more connected to the world. You’ll be tasked with growing sales opportunities through strategic networking, negotiating and closing sales. Having a deep understanding of complex Federal agencies will drive your success as a trusted adviser that they can rely on to make their operations run better.
- Understanding customer needs and recommending innovative solutions.
- Seeking out new growth opportunities and generating new sales leads.
- Writing proposals and responding to Request for Proposals (RFPs).
- Providing follow-up training for new customers.
- Leading your sales pipeline and activity with sales management tools.
- Generating forecasting and tracking reports.
- Keeping up with new offerings and market trends through training and your own research
What we’re looking for...
You make it easy for customers to do business with you by building relationships through listening, anticipating, and responding to their needs. You understand how technology and services come together to solve business challenges and can explain just how in a way that customers understand. You thrive on closing a big deal but also know that strong follow-through, a sense of urgency, and putting the customer first will get you there. Working with government agencies is a little different—there’s a fair amount of red tape—but you take it in stride and deliver outstanding customer service in just the way that works for them.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Outside sales experience.
- Willingness to travel.
- A valid driver’s license.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Managed large complex accounts and sales.
- Sold to large national, federal or government accounts.
- Demonstrated ability to meet or exceed sales goals.
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills.
Our benefits are designed to help you move forward in your career, and in areas of your life outside of Verizon. From health and wellness benefits, short term incentives, 401 (k) Savings Plan, stock incentive programs, paid time off, parental leave, adoption assistance and tuition assistance, plus other incentives,we’ve got you covered with our award-winning total rewards package. For part-timers, your coverage will vary as you may be eligible for some of these benefits depending on your individual circumstances.
If you are hired into a Colorado work location, the compensation range for this position is between $53,000 and $103,000 based on a full-time schedule. The salary will vary depending on your location and confirmed job-related skills and experience. This is a commission based position with the potential to earn more. For part-time roles, your compensation will be adjusted to reflect your hours.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.