Job was saved successfully.
Job was removed from Saved Jobs.
Multistate Tax Manager - State Income and Franchise - Investment Management (29140)
Are you a strategic and creative Multistate Tax Investment Management professional who loves solving complex state and local tax issues? If you are ready to make a greater impact on organizations by combining tax consulting solutions and innovative technology this may be the right role for you! We are looking for a sharp, analytical Manager who is ready to handle new challenges and join one of the largest Multistate Tax practices in the world.
What You'll Do
As a Manager, you will be a valuable member on engagements and provide state tax consulting and compliance services to a diverse client set. You will work directly with the client, be responsible for the tax engagement team, have access to a collaborative group of specialists when needed, and be connected to a strong support system from Firm Leadership to ensure you are set up for success in your role and career. Your responsibilities will include: • Lead strong client relationships on tax consulting engagements. • Advising clients on issues including partnership and corporate state / local tax returns with attention to multistate tax issues • Coordinating with an in-house tax preparation team and clients • Coordinating detailed review of estimated payment, withholding and composite tax calculations, investor packages • Researching and analyzing state tax legislation and assisting with the compliance and investor reporting process. • Leading engagement workflow and supervising consultants and interns on assigned engagements.
Deloitte's Multistate Tax Services Investment Management group has more than 1,500 professionals worldwide and our professionals include former state tax auditors and administrators, and technology personnel with numerous years of multistate tax experience. Our team's overall practice specific services also include state income and franchise tax, indirect tax, business restructuring, credits and incentives, sales and use tax outsourcing, excise tax, property tax, state strategic tax review, and state tax controversy.
- 5+ years' experience in state income and franchise tax or federal tax, pass-through, tax research, and corporate tax returns • 4+ years' experience providing tax planning services and 2+ years' experience with investment management or partnership taxation
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or related field
- CPA certification if qualified to sit for the CPA; if not qualified, licensed attorney, or other appropriate certification
- Limited sponsorship may be available
- Public Accounting experience • Excellent research and writing skills
- Excellent presentation and communications skills
- Management experience
- Travel up to 25% (due to COVID-19, all essential travel has been suspended)