Promo Offers Strategy Manager - Retention & Churn Management ( 575551-1B )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is a leading provider of technology, communications, information and entertainment products, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our ambition and united in our shared purpose to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
We are honored that you are considering Visible as your next place of employment. Visible is the first all-digital wireless carrier in the U.S. Named by Fast Company as one of the most innovative companies in the world, Visible offers unlimited messages, minutes, and data, on Verizon’s Network. Visible is designed to fundamentally change the way millions of consumers sign up for and manage their phone service. If you love all of that, plus the challenge of delivering the best experience to our customers in the simplest ways (and knowing that simple requires a lot of work behind-the-scenes), check us out at https://visible.com. We are Visible.
This is a full-time position where you will collaborate with team members across strategy, product, marketing, care, and other functions as well as our executive team. Moderate travel required. Promo/ Offer Strategy & Management team is designed to focus on the end to end management over Visible promotions and offers in market. They own the strategic vision, implementation, lifecycle management and integration with other offers/ features ensuring alignment with the overall brand and value proposition. The team will manage the full experience and integration of all workflows partnering with cross functional leads. They will drive bottom up data driven recommendations as well as adapt to top down requirements from executive leadership. This role will be responsible for ownership of promo & offer strategies which drive retention and engagement from our Visible member base to obtain industry leading churn. Design targeting and promo strategies which drive retention.
- Design and implement promotional offers based on industry/ competitor trends and target audience insights as well as previous promo offer performance.
- Identify opportunities to drive growth from our customer base.
- Maintain the retention offer promotional calendar and alignment to the greater Visible roadmap.
- Performance management (monitor/ measure success) & post promo analysis & retrospectives
- Identify strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats for Visible through analysis of: market conditions and trends, existing KPI reports, executive leadership guidance, and ad hoc data warehouse research.
- Provide critical and timely insights to inform, improve, and streamline analysis and promo processes, with focus on the customer experience and churn reduction.
- Stakeholder communications & executive team performance & insights readouts.
- Lead cross functional team efforts (ie marketing & media) to analyze performance and ROI of current promotions to optimize them to maximize sales & profitability (ie sales support needs, marketing levers, communications).
- Daily operations management throughout promo lifecycle (process, logistics, orchestrate internal resource support needs) of all acquisition promotional offers.
- Build & maintain the promo guidelines, rules, and documentation (SOPs/ Playbooks).
- Manage retention promo & offer budget.
- Issue escalation & resolution.
- Ongoing training & comm needs with the L&D team.
- Vendor/ partner relations related to OEM promo support or other Visible partner promotional opportunities.
- Provide critical and timely insights to inform, improve, and streamline analysis and.
- Own the end to end vision, execution, retrospective and post promo analysis.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have one or more of the following:
- Excellent problem solving skills, with a strong emphasis on the development of frameworks and processes that can be scaled and/or automated.
- Self-motivated, eager to learn and thrive in a collaborative environment & capable of adapting quickly to changing priorities.
- Excellent relationship building skills, including the capacity to predict and manage behavior, build and leverage cross-functional partnerships within and outside of the organization, and leverage influential leadership.
- Ability to create actionable programs based on what you learn from the data.
- Excellent analytical, written and verbal communication skills.
- High proficiency with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and G-Suite products.
- Working presentation skills to effectively present information to an audience of varying responsibility across internal and external stakeholders.
- Proficient business analysis skills, including the ability to gather, organize, and interpret large datasets to make actionable, sustainable business recommendations.
- Experience in marketing and finance-related roles, such as market research, financial analysis, pricing, product marketing, or strategic planning.
- Experience in the wireless or telecommunications industry.
- Strong research, analytical, and critical thinking skills with the ability to see things not readily apparent to others and to find unique solutions to complex challenges.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and to "see the big picture".
- Experience with Jira, Asana and Slack workflows.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.