Manager, Platform Security Program Management ( 578325-1A )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is a leading provider of technology, communications, information and entertainment products, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our ambition and united in our shared purpose to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
The Manager BizOps Program Management reports to the Corporate Information Security (CIS) Executive Director of Platform Security and is responsible for leading and managing the delivery and oversight of key business and operational functions. The Manager, Program Management is responsible for the establishment, maintenance and execution of standards, processes, procedures, and operations to support the Platform Security critical business and administrative functions. This includes creation of a consolidated roadmap, tracking and trending overall progress to end goals, vendor management, budgetary and resource management and tracking, management of certifications and audit, internal compliance and governance oversight.
The Manager, Program Management must be able to manage both directly and indirectly to achieve the highest levels of coordination and cooperation both within CIS and external to the organization. This position requires an understanding of Verizon business practices in creating and maintaining a Zero Based Budget, with constant stream reporting and management to ensure consistent spend and budgetary/resource requests.
The Manager, Program Management will be responsible for working with the Platform Security leadership teams to ensure a rolling 36 month roadmap is created and maintained. This will require interaction with other Verizon organizations and external parties to ensure successful, on time, on budget delivery or program initiatives.
Ultimately, the Manager, Program Management is a business leader, and should have a track record of leadership and experience within Verizon. This leader should have six years of relevant experience, including at least four years in a significant management role.
- Lead the Platform Security Program Management team by setting the vision and establishing direction.
- Build and maintain relationships with other IT, network, and security leaders to develop a clear understanding of business needs; ensures cost-effective delivery of Security services to meet those needs, and is able to respond with agility to changing business priorities.
- Direct and oversee metrics for program executions, report in Operational Reviews and manage risks to business outcomes.
- Manage the cost-efficient delivery services within an organizational structure consisting of employees, contractors and vendors that fulfills business needs in a timely fashion.
- Build the necessary internal relationships and communication networks among the broader information security team, business operations, supplier management and other teams to ensure continued alignment as required.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- This hybrid role will have a defined work location that includes work from home and assigned office days as set by the manager.
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
- A Degree.
- Six or more years of experience in a service oriented corporate function that needs to scale in a large enterprise.
- Proven track record and experience in successfully executing programs that meet the objectives of excellence in a dynamic business environment.
- Strategic builder of bridges, able to energize the appropriate teams in the organization; proven leadership in advanced information systems combined with broad business acumen, which extends beyond the functional responsibilities of the role.
- Experience with building, training, and developing a high-performing team; ability to lead and motivate the team to achieve tactical and strategic goals, even when only "dotted line" reporting lines exist.
- Written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal and collaborative skills, and the ability to communicate information security and risk-related concepts to technical and nontechnical audiences at various hierarchical levels, ranging from board members to technical specialists.
- Must be curious and a critical thinker with strong problem-solving skills; excellent analytical skills, the ability to manage multiple projects under strict timelines, as well as the ability to work well in a demanding, dynamic environment and meet overall objectives.
- Knowledge of common information security management frameworks, such as ISO/IEC 27001, ITIL, COBIT as well as those from NIST, including 800-53 and Cyber security Framework.
- Ability to act calmly and competently in high-pressure, high-stress situations.
- Ability to professionally handle confidential matters and show an appropriate level of judgment and maturity.
- Project management skills: financial/budget management, scheduling and resource management.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.