Senior Manager - Supplier Management (57194)
- Leverage existing content from Deloitte's Government and Commercial Supplier Management playbooks to develop and execute:
- Supplier training programs, including a Mentor Protégé program
- Supplier performance reporting program and tools
- Supplier development program, including strategies for helping Diverse Suppliers gain greater access to capital (debt and equity) by building a network of lending, venture, and private equity stakeholders
- Collaborate with the Government and Commercial teams to standardize the Supplier Management approach for Diverse Suppliers
- Define the Supplier Management governance model and align with key stakeholders (e.g., Government and Commercial leaders)
- Finalize Supplier Management strategy
Define and Execute the Tools for Managing Performance Reporting For Diverse Suppliers
- Evaluate existing Deloitte tools (Ariba, Coupa, etc.) that can be leveraged to support the supplier performance management process. This includes any tools currently being deployed by Deloitte's Government or Commercial businesses to manage supplier performance
- Standardize across Deloitte's Government and Commercial businesses (as much as practical) the performance reporting process for Diverse Suppliers
- Develop and mentor more junior team members
- Provide guidance on staffing requirements based on existing and future expected activity
- Lead performance management and team-member retention activities
Drive Collaboration Across the Firm
- Foster strong relationships with other internal organizations to promote growth in spending with Diverse Suppliers
- Build cross-functional relationships across the organization
To be successful in this role, you'll need
- A client-service mindset and a desire to take on tough and challenging projects. The scope and variety of work will change frequently depending on evolving priorities
- The ability to lead others to deliver quality work under tight timelines and shifting priorities
- A track record of advising senior leaders on a wide range of business issues; ability to seamlessly interact with Firm leaders and their project teams
- Strong analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills; ability to filter through ambiguity but able to also execute on the details
- The ability to work well under pressure and act in utmost confidentiality with sensitive leadership information
- Superior project management, time management, and client relationship management skills
- The ability to manage several projects simultaneously and autonomously, as well as prioritize as necessary
- Superior written and verbal communication skills; strong presentation skills with the ability to "tell the story"
- Extremely strong interpersonal and team building skills; able to foster a cohesive and effective work environment
- Self-confidence, diplomacy, poise, business judgment, maturity, discretion, and empathy
- An ability to work effectively across functions and levels; comfort collaborating with teammates in a virtual environment
- Bachelor's Degree in business, economics, finance, supply chain or technical field; advanced degree preferred
- 10-12 years of relevant work experience in client-facing or internal consultative roles
- Flexible work style. Some moderate travel (up to 10%) may be required given the expected leadership interactions and the hands-on nature of the work. A US-based office location is required
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
How you'll grow in the Business Diversity Office
Due to Business Diversity's specialized and focused mission, the office has senior-most visibility within the Firm, providing our team members with an incredible opportunity to work with senior executives. We nurture talent by providing supportive leadership for growth opportunities and believe that development has no ceiling.
How you'll grow at Deloitte
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
As used in this posting, "Deloitte" means Deloitte Services LP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.