AVP- Management Liability Unit Manager (341757)
Management Liability Unit Manager, AVP
Currently, Chubb is seeking a AVP Unit Manager for our Northeast Region Management Liability public company underwriting team based within our Boston office. The ideal candidate will have extensive underwriting experience of financial lines products for large and small public companies as well as previous leadership responsibilities.
Responsible for profitable growth of a large, complex book of public company business. The Unit Manager will oversee a team of underwriters and will be charged with employee development, overseeing high level broker/agent relations, and collaborating with key Chubb retail branches for purposes of business and market development.
Major Job Functions:
- P&L accountability for all Management Liability premium, profitability, growth, and retention results within assigned territory.
- Overseeing the underwriting quality standards of employees. Includes ensuring appropriate file documentation is being maintained relating to final underwriting decision.
- Partners with the local Financial Lines and marketing teams to develop a plan for managing and prospecting business written within each branch of territory.
- Manages execution of underwriting strategies and holds team accountable for implementation.
- Develops and executes effective strategies to generate profitable business growth. Collaborates with branch, peers and Financial Lines management on new business and retention opportunities.
- Supports and collaborates on branch sales and marketing initiatives, assisting with new product launches and local marketing campaigns.
- Supports and collaborates on branch agency management activities, including agency analysis, planning, goal setting, education and market engagement.
- Collaborates with branches to educate agents on products, services, as well as underwriting strategies and product marketing.
- Ownership of broker/agency relationships including delivering high level expectations for the entire territory. Leads and/or participates in agency analysis and planning. Develops and executes an effective agency strategy to grow the business.
- Gathers pertinent competitive information to assist in product development recommendations.
- Leadership: Effective engagement and motivation of underwriters to achieve organizational objectives aligned with the regional vision and values
- Underwriting Acumen: Demonstrates deep technical knowledge of Financial Lines products, competitors and marketplace. Exhibits rigor and expertise in underwriting large, complex Management Liability risks.
- Relationship Management: Demonstrated ability to build strong key account relationships and manage customer expectations in changing market conditions. Proven track record promoting business retention and profitable growth.
- Sales and Marketing: Working knowledge of Financial Lines products and marketplace. Demonstrated ability to market and sell Chubb’s differentiated; value added coverage and service advantages. Proven prospecting skills and effective use of Financial Lines sales and marketing tools.
- Agency Management: Ability to build strong agency relationships and manage expectations under dynamic market conditions.
- Collaboration: Ability to work collaboratively with multiple business units, branch and Home Office stakeholders. Demonstrates effective consultation and partnership skills.
- Communications: Demonstrated ability to manage communications and awareness effectively between various parties of interest, including brokers/agents, Branches, Product Managers and Management Liability Senior Management.
- 7 years of high-level underwriting experience
- Training and coaching experience
- 4-year college degree or equivalent work experience
- Requisite complex business underwriting experience varies by level
Chubb strives to offer a diverse and inclusive and rewarding work environment. Teamwork and mutual respect are central to how Chubb operates and we believe the best solutions draw upon diverse perspectives, experiences and skills. We operate in such a way where everyone, regardless of their singular background has the opportunity to contribute to our collective success.
At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, ancestry, mental and physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, age, and pregnancy or any other characteristic protected by law. Performance and qualifications are the only basis upon which we hire, assign, promote, compensate, develop and retain employees. Chubb prohibits all unlawful discrimination, harassment and retaliation against any individual who reports discrimination or harassment.