Manager of Member Communications and Community Management (CRM) ( 579907-1D )
When you join Verizon
Verizon is one of the world’s leading providers of technology and communications services, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our shared ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing...
Visible & You
Named one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies and "Best Telecom Brand" in Adweek’s Challenger Brand Awards, Visible is on a mission to reimagine what wireless should be: simple, accessible, and inclusive. Visible is the first all-digital wireless carrier in the US, which means we have no stores, no call centers, and no paper bills, allowing us to pass our savings to our members. We have built our member experience around communities and challenging the traditional family plan model in the industry - and we’re having a lot of fun doing it.
Visible is a division of Verizon, but operates uniquely inside the larger entity, taking all the best elements of startup scrappiness - disruption, innovation, and culture - while leveraging the assets and benefits of the larger corporation’s backing. No single day feels the same at Visible. If you’re someone who’d thrive in this entrepreneurial environment and embraces the challenge of delivering the best experience to our members in the simplest ways (knowing that simple requires a lot of work behind-the-scenes), check us out at https://visible.com. We are Visible.
In this hybrid role, you'll work from home with occasional in-person training and meetings. We are hiring in the following locations: Denver CO, Dallas TX, Irvine CA, Alpharetta GA, Basking Ridge NJ and New York City.
Reporting to the CMO, Visible’s Manager of Member Communications and Community Management (CRM) will lead our communications strategy and execution for our rapidly growing member base. A critical part of advancing our differentiated brand identity, this position leads a team responsible for all aspects of our member communications, including new customer onboarding, feature updates, personalized offers & upsell programs, community development and engagement, and the member referral program advancement. Additionally, this role will drive personalized communication strategies leveraging all CRM tactical channels – email, SMS, mobile push, digital retargeting, and more – and a successful candidate will be a thought leader for developing new, unconventional and data-driven engagement and retention communications campaigns based on marketing insights and alignment to the brand, and have strong database marketing and CRM tool experience.
As the leader of the team, you will:
- Be the strategic customer marketer and leader who will build new experiences for both new and existing customers across multiple messaging touchpoints, with the goal of acquiring and retaining loyal, informed customers and brand evangelists. Though we leverage email, SMS, and app-push notifications, this is much more than an email-marketing job or a batch-and-blast operation; we seek a candidate who has experience with full customer lifecycles (ideally in a subscription business) and triggered-message infrastructure.
- Partner with other teams to stay abreast of an ever-changing end-to-end user flows and delivering customer messaging as needed – especially Brand Marketing, Product, Product Marketing, Events, Care.
- Working knowledge of the marketing technology stack, especially Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Swerve, Khoros Community and BigQuery; continuously evaluate new, emerging technologies with engineering and product teams.
- Drive personalization strategies leveraging new tools across all CRM channels; email, SMS, mobile push, digital retargeting, etc.
- Use data to optimize marketing programs and deliver ROI on CRM investments, targeted promotional offers, and MarTech tools.
- Develop and lead robust testing structure to optimize CRM campaign results, and monitor and report on CRM and retention KPIs, base campaigns and creative tests.
- Lead and recruit new talent, while developing the existing team members.
- Manage key vendor relationships.
- Help gather and present performance and insights to a large, diverse and internal audience on an ongoing and proactive basis.
- Leave a paper trail – document with rigor all campaigns, processes, system/database behaviors.
Who you are
- You are knowledgeable, familiar, passionate and have experience in CRM and running programs that manage customer touch points.
- You have prior people management experience.
- You can weigh competing priorities, manage tradeoffs and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with stakeholders, driving to consensus while maintaining a clear focus on overarching business priorities.
- You thrive in a start-up paced environment: love dealing with fast pace, changing needs, and limited resources.
- You can go get the data you need and can whip it into an insightful story with no help.
- You are always willing to dive in with a no-task-is-too-small attitude.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- 5 years of CRM, retention or lifecycle marketing experience, preferably at a direct to consumer brand (wireless is a plus).
Even better if you have:
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Command of English-language grammar, spelling and style – and ability to manifest brand voice in writing.
- Experience working closely with creative teams and writing briefs.
- Strong project management skills, the ability to define processes and to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Verizon provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for medical or religious reasons).