Remote Handled (RH) Project Manager (27821)
Nuclear Waste Partnership, an LLC of Amentum, managing and operating contractor of the Waste Isolation Pilot Plant (WIPP) is currently seeking a qualified individual to serve as a Remote Handled (RH) Project Manager to join our Operations team located in Carlsbad, NM.
The successful candidate will have working knowledge of RH waste handling and radioactive materials safe handling procedures. Perform all duties related to management of personnel reporting to this position in a timely and quality-driven approach. This includes, but is not limited to, development planning, performance counseling, documentation, and assignment and evaluation of work. Provide technical and operational direction to receiving, processing, and emplacing activities for nuclear waste assuring compliance with government and company waste handling and safety requirements and procedures. Evaluate workload, facilitate status, equipment status, staffing, and various shipment schedules to establish priorities, schedules, and work assignments. Mentor, monitor, and provide feedback for personnel development or correction. Knowledge of the WIPP bargaining unit agreement or experience working with a collective bargaining unit. Must be able to wear and maintain qualifications of all required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including Respiratory Protection equipment.
NWP Exempt Salary Grade (34-36)
- Bachelor of Science degree with nine (9) years relevant experience, or
- Associates degree with thirteen (13) years of relevant experience is required.
(Related experience may substitute for education at a rate of six semester credit hours for each year of experience up to a maximum of 60 credit hours. When combined with experience, completion of technical portions of an engineering, engineering technology, or related science program may substitute for the baccalaureate or associate degree. Successful completion must be determined by a transcript or certification by an accrediting organization recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or the US Department of Education. Completion of 80 semester credit hours may be substituted for the baccalaureate requirement, and 43 semester credit hours for the associate degree in technical subjects related to the position.)
- Two (2) years of relevant Nuclear experience is mandatory.
- Due to the nature of the work, all candidates must be US Citizens.
- Five (5) years materials/waste handling experience in a plant operations environment is preferred.
- Previous Management experience is desired.
- The ideal candidate will be familiar with DOE O 422.1, Conduct of Operations, DOE O 232.2, Occurrence Reporting, 10 CFR 830 Safety Management, Safety Basis Requirements, Integrated Safety Management System (ISMS) and, WIPP Safety Basis/Technical Safety.
- Previous WIPP Project experience is a plus.