Staffing Manager (27820)
Nuclear Waste Partnership (NWP), an LLC of Amentum, managing and operating contractor of the Waste Isolation Pilot Plant (WIPP) is currently seeking a qualified individual to serve as Staffing Manager to join our team located in Carlsbad, NM.
As the Staffing Manager, the successful candidate will lead a team of highly skilled recruiters, with accountability for driving performance and delivering to ambitious strategic staffing plans for the business. This leader should be an exceptional people manager as well as passionate about finding the best talent in the market and coming up with innovative ways to engage talent.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Lead a team of recruiters, while working with outside headhunters as needed.
- Design and implement highly effective, results-driven, channel strategies that address our current and future hiring needs.
- Effectively allocate team resources and focus to help team achieve hiring goals.
- Partner with leaders to deploy a balanced approach to building talent pipelines, remaining considerate of both near-term business priorities and future hiring needs.
- Design and implement scalable processes that optimize the team’s workflow as well as drive qualified leads into actionable candidates for our different departments.
- Develop and monitor performance metrics that improve channel efficiency while continuously identifying new approaches to increase the team’s overall productivity. Set team goals and make decisions to drive team success.
- Oversee all aspects of performance management of your team members (1:1's, coaching, career development, completing performance reviews, performance management); provide opportunities to others to help close gaps.
- Encourage new ideas; offer resources to other teams; create a culture of feedback.
- Leverage data to drive business decision-making across every facet of the role.
- Partner with cross-functional stakeholders to pro-actively facilitate workforce planning/forecasting activities.
- Establish key relationships across the business with internal stakeholders and provide strategic partnership and guidance.
- Continuously identify innovative ways to engage the best talent on the market as well as improve the way we work.
- Regularly demonstrate inclusive behaviors; upholds the value of diversity and a sense of belonging within the team.
- Maintain a high standard of candidate experience.
- Ensure consistent and positive representation of NWP’s Core Values.
NWP Exempt Salary Grade (36 – 38)
- Bachelor’s degree in a field determined by NWP management to be applicable and supportive of success in the position, plus ten (10) years of recruiting experience; with five (5) years focused on leading and developing sourcing and recruiting teams is required.
- Due to the nature of the work, all candidates must be US Citizens.
- Experience in the Staffing Function at a Department of Energy project is desired.
- Experience serving as a true partner to business leaders by employing an approach that includes an emphasis on service delivery, education, and growing a true consultative partnership with the ability to influence.
- Strong people management skills with an ability to manage both individual contributors and managers.
- Experience partnering with other stakeholders to guide and influence strategies for recruiting tools and technology, business process design, data and insights, sourcing, candidate experience, operations, global mobility, and employer brand.
- Track record for solving complex problems, designing creative strategies and delivering significant impact.
- Ability to leverage multiple, complex data sources to influence behavior and decision making; and coach others on how to do so as well.
- Demonstrated performance of achieving individual and team hiring targets.
- Demonstrated ability to coach team members on how to effectively develop their candidate management skills and identify opportunities for improvement across your team.
- Exceptional organizational skills, at ease with ambiguity, ability to deal with high complexity situations, comfortable with a high level of detail yet mindful of the bigger picture.
- Excellent communication skills; ability to multitask, set clear priorities for your team; excellent attention to detail; ability to quickly pivot focus based on business needs and continue to deliver results.
- Previous WIPP Project experience is a plus.