Waste Handling Crew Manager (25665)
Nuclear Waste Partnership, an LLC of Amentum, is actively seeking a Waste Handling Crew Manager for immediate employment in the Carlsbad, NM office.
**There are multiple postings for this position. Applying to more than one posting will not increase your chances of being selected. Please only apply to one posting.**
The successful candidate will direct and monitor work crews in conduct of routine waste handling activities of Remote-Handled (RH) and Contact Handled (CH) materials, assuring compliance with established operational and safety requirements. Perform all duties related to management of personnel reporting to this position in a timely and quality-driven approach. This includes, but is not limited to, development planning, performance counseling, documentation, salary planning and review, and assignment and evaluation of work. Supervise, guide, and monitor waste handling work crews in conduct of established, routine waste handling storage activities of RH and CH radioactive materials. Assure work is conducted in conformance with operating and safety standards and procedures. Evaluate workload, facilities status, equipment status, staffing, and various shipment schedules to establish priorities, schedules, and work assignments. Perform administrative duties such as payroll approval, CHAMPS update for overtime call-outs, and attendance. Develop required readings, safety briefs, and Corrective Action Plans (CAPS). Maintain related records and files. Maintain Qualified Watch Standers List to ensure employee qualifications are current. Initiate corrective actions for identified irregularities. Develop/revise process procedures and follow to completion of review cycle. Implement Management Policies MP 1.21 Management Responsibility and Accountability, MP 1.29 Mission, Goals and Responsibilities, MP 1.54 Conduct of Operations, MP 1.28 Integrated Safety Management, and MP 4.6 Ethical Conduct as well as all other applicable policies and procedures.
NWP Exempt Salary Grade (30 - 32)
- Bachelor's Degree with two (2) years of related experience, or
- Associate's Degree with six (6) years of related experience, or
- High School Diploma or GED with ten (10) years of related experience is required.
- Three years of experience in a nuclear facility is mandatory (Full-time related academic training (e.g. degree programs, trade schools, vocational programs, etc.) may be substituted on a one-for-one basis for two (2) of the three (3) years nuclear experience.
- Due to the nature of the work, all candidates must be US Citizens.
- A Degreed individual is preferred.
- Six (6) years of radioactive waste handling and nuclear facility experience is desired.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities are preferred.
- Previous WIPP Project experience is a plus.