Manager, Cyber Security Engineering (Splunk) (15150)
- Manage team resources during the onboarding of new data sources into Splunk, analyze the data for parsing purposes to make it CIM level 1 through 4 compliant, then building dashboards to fulfill stakeholder requirements.
- Provide skilled knowledge for the Fusion Center's SIEM Architecture roadmap for future cloud and on-prim expansions.
- Use advanced troubleshooting skills to troubleshoot monitoring/performance alerts from the SIEM infrastructure or SIEM agents as a team escalation contact.
- Provide skillful knowledge within a Linux environment, editing and maintaining Splunk configuration files and apps.
- Work with other Cybersecurity Engineering team members and will be required to interact with end users to gather requirements, perform troubleshooting, and aid with the creation of Splunk search queries and dashboards as required.
- Will be required interact with senior management, as necessary.
- Troubleshoot performance alerts from Cyber solutions at all levels of the IT stack
- Take a lead role in the testing of vendor patches for all security applications the Engineering team operational support.
- Manage resources to ensure the Cybersecurity Engineering group in ServiceNow meet request and incident SLA's as required by our stakeholders.
- Manage enterprise projects at the technical engineering level for success of the firm.
- Ensure team resources fully document and update the Engineering Team's process and Data Ingestion procedures.
- Actively seek to improve and develop new content based upon observed security activity
- Provide excellent customer service, as we will be required to interact/work with other teams to complete our daily tasks.
Information Technology Services (ITS) helps power Deloitte's success, which serves many of the world's largest, most respected organizations. We develop and deploy cutting-edge internal and go-to-market solutions that help Deloitte operate effectively and lead in the market. Our reputation is built on a tradition of delivering with excellence.
The ~3,000 professionals in ITS deliver services including:
- Cyber Security
- Technology Support
- Technology & Infrastructure
- Relationship Management
- Strategy & Communications
- Project Management
Cyber Security vigilantly protects Deloitte and client data. The team leads a strategic cyber risk program that adapts to a rapidly changing threat landscape, changes in business strategies, risks, and vulnerabilities. Using situational awareness, threat intelligence, and building a security culture across the organization, the team helps to protect the Deloitte brand.
Areas of focus include:
- Risk & Compliance
- Identity & Access Management
- Data Protection
- Cyber Design
- Incident Response
- Security Architecture
- Business Partnership
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Business Administration, or relevant educational or professional experience.
- 5 - 7 years of related experience including 2+ years Level 2 Engineering
- Splunk Architect certification
- Experience with Splunk Enterprise Security
- Experience with Splunk integration to AWS, Azure, and GCP
- Technical understanding of the following technologies: Splunk, IDS/IPS, network- and host- based firewalls, anti-virus software, data leakage protection (DLP), and IR Tracking tools such as Archer, Service Now.
- Hands-on experience with at least two of the following technologies: Unix administration, Windows Server administration, Active Directory, Windows workstation, routers /switches management, firewall Management, SANS/NAS, Web servers, IAM/AAA, IDS/HDS, system vulnerability scanning tools, application/database vulnerability scanning tools, mobile device analysis or secure coding
- Sound judgment skills and ability to manage escalations.
- Determines methods and procedures on new assignments with minimal instruction
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
- Must be a US Citizen
- CISSP, CISA, CISM or like certification
- Azure, AWS, GCP security certifications
- Experience with Splunk UBA and Data Models
- Experience with writing correlated searches
- Understanding of all Splunk backend components
- Operational experience with Security application(s) such as: Tanium, Cylance, Cisco Umbrella, RedLock, FireEye EX, Gigamon
- Knowledge in scripting. Python and PowerShell
- Knowledge of risk assessment tools, technologies and methods