Deloitte Greenhouse Innovation Manager (27371)
- The right interactions, through the right channel, at the right time
- Confidence in enduring relationships, enabled by new social patterns, habits, networks and culture
- Natural, enhanced interactions facilitated by tools and technologies
The role will also entail regular engagement and collaborations with external subject matter experts in the field of behavioral science, organizational psychology, technology innovation and other domains.
The ideal candidate will be a high-performing, creative, analytical, strategic, persuasive, and curious Manager with a strong bias for informed action. Ideally the Manager will have strong early stage, rapid innovation offering development skills, innovation portfolio management and project management skills, deep curiosity and a "beginner's mindset" about users, customers asking the right questions to develop the right solutions. The Manager will have an ability to work with stakeholders across the firm to understand needs and drive adoption around Deloitte Greenhouse innovations, and a passion for creating innovative, dynamic, unique experiences and solutions for our clients and account teams using design thinking and creative problem solving. A proactive and hard-working attitude will help the person excel in this role.
In this role, you will be asked to:
Innovation Project Management
- Setup innovation / incubation projects (Define owners, stakeholders, budget, select contractors, define proof of concept or pilot objectives, develop flexible project plans, develop SOWs)
- Manage innovation projects process from ideation to incubation to development, leveraging agile and design thinking
- Collaborate with internal and external SMEs on experience / production / solution development, bringing the best of thinking and perspectives into our solutions
- Demonstrate an ability to frequently re-evaluate, adjust and course correct project scope and process and recommend corrective actions to leadership as needed
Innovation Program Management
- Manage screening & prioritization of Innovation / Incubation Projects and advise Deloitte Greenhouse innovation leadership on priorities (incl. defining concept, business use case, evaluating sponsorship - assessing viability, desirability, feasibility, usability and strategic fit with Deloitte Greenhouse overarching strategy)
- Advise leadership in the management / allocation of projects across owners
- Proactively monitor project portfolio and pipeline, raise any red flags
- Support Deloitte Greenhouse leadership in the proactive communication and engagement of stakeholders around the innovation projects including Deloitte Greenhouse Growth and Transformation leadership, Executive Accelerators leaders, CMG technology leaders, and others.
- Working collaboratively and consistently with U.S. team members, promoting teamwork and high-quality deliverables.
Innovation Scanning / Sensing and Research
- Manage regular innovation scanning and sensing efforts, through formal and informal channels
- Manage regular needs sensing i.e.:
- Ongoing Sensing through existing channels (Site leaders, etc.)
- Ad-Hoc Sensing (Surveys, Leader interviews)
- Manage regular opportunity & risk sensing
- Ongoing external sensing of ideas, hot topics
- Ongoing external SME mapping
- Ongoing competition monitoring
- Research creative / innovative behavioral science, experiential engagement, relationship science approaches that could be leveraged across the Deloitte Greenhouse portfolio
- Leverage research within Deloitte and in the world for inspiration and use research-based insights to spot opportunities for innovation within constraints
The Deloitte Greenhouse Experience team sits within Deloitte's Client Accelerators organization, which supports LCSPs and account teams in helping key client leaders, their teams, and organizations address their most pressing challenges. The Deloitte Greenhouse Manager Level team member will be responsible for supporting Deloitte Greenhouse leadership in the definition of the innovation strategy and its execution.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum of 6-8 years professional experience in business serving corporate clients
- Minimum 3-4 years experience in innovation project management with a track record of leading ideas from concept through to early stage product / solution development
- Well - developed research and analytical skills - ability to take abstract innovation ideas and vet and test for viability and desirability using qualitative and quantitative methods and research
- Candidate will demonstrate interest and experience in fields related to behavioral science and / or organizational psychology and / or experiential engagement especially as it relates to fostering effective relationship building in a work environment
- Ability to engage with senior internal and external stakeholders effectively
- Ideal candidate will be a self-starter, capable of working independently, proactively and operating effectively in ambiguity
- Excellent presence, as well as strong writing and oral presentation skills
- Mastery of Microsoft Office (e.g. PowerPoint, Excel, Word, MS Teams)
- Manages risks-knowing what and when to escalate issues to leadership
- Travel up to 30% (While 30% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice).
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
- Experience in setting up high performing, agile innovation organization structure and processes
- Experience working with technical / technology teams a plus
- Startup experience will be valued