Do you want to help clients identify key business issues to improve their financial position, manage their cash, liquidity and working capital, mitigate risks, and drive meaningful change? Are you a problem solver who wants to work with clients to figure out what lies behind the financial numbers? If so, Deloitte could be the place for you! Join our team of Restructuring professionals who bring operational experience and a value-driven methodology to help our clients make the best decision for their mission. If you are seeking a role that offers you the opportunity to advise clients during financial events and through critical transactions as well as optimize their business processes for sustained growth, while allowing you to develop personally and professionally, consider a career in Deloitte Risk and Financial Advisory's Restructuring practice.
Work you'll do
As a Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience, helping our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
o Proactively assist in the management of a portfolio of clients, while reporting to Senior Managers and above.
o Manage data, curate insights, and deliver robust analytics to highlight key business issues and inform the project team and client where potential areas improvement exist.
o Directly engage with companies to identify improvement opportunities and help clients implement changes to their processes and policies to achieve sustainable cash flow improvement.
o Effectively lead and motivate engagement teams in the US and USI in assessing a business' current business policies, procedures.
o Lead a working capital improvement project identifying and implementing working capital opportunities at commercial clients and for portfolio companies of Private Equity clients
o Be actively involved in business development activities to help identify and research opportunities on new/existing clients.
o Provide support, guidance and vision in improving and enhancing the team's practice delivery methodology.
o Collaborate with cross-functional teams, building relationships and achieving results without a direct reporting relationship.
o Contribute to the development of your own and team's technical acumen.
o Assist in the management and delivering of large projects.
o Train, coach, and supervise staff.
o Continue to develop internal relationships and your brand.
The Deloitte Corporate Restructuring Group (CRG) is a team of professionals specializing in providing in-depth advisory, interim management services, and value creation service to companies and their stakeholders. With strong experience in nearly every major industry and the ability to leverage the national and international resources of Deloitte, our team helps clients conduct financial due diligence, analyze risk-based events or transactions that may impact financials, identify working capital, cash, and cost improvement initiatives, and support client negotiations or settlements with its counterparts. Learn more about Deloitte Risk and Financial Advisory's Restructuring practice.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, Engineering, or Computer Science
- A minimum 6-8 years of related work experience with an established consulting firm or an internal consulting role at a large corporation
- Experience as a consultant in leading and delivering successful Business Process Improvement projects, with subject matter expertise in one or multiple of the following areas:
- Finance process improvement including billing optimization, collections and dispute management and shared service optimization
- Supply Chain Optimization, including sales and operations planning, manufacturing operational efficiency, logistics and fulfillment
- Procurement, including supplier negotiation, supplier relationship management, category planning, strategic sourcing and vendor audits
- Operational cost reduction
- Process benchmarking and maturity assessments
- Business process improvement skills and experience (i.e. Six Sigma, Lean)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with experience and knowledge in extracting, mining and visualizing big data sets (i.e. MS Excel & Access / SQL / Alteryx / Tableau, Power BI, QlikView, etc.)
- Experience in delivering projects that cover the full life cycle of assessment, design and implementation support
- Strong communication and critical thinking skills and experience in preparing Executive style PowerPoint reports
- While 75% of travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
- Experience gained within another large professional services organization
- Professional designation and/or qualification (i.e. MBA, CPA, P.Eng, Lean Six Sigma, PMP)